What's new

Cryptopay/IQ worldpay chargeback dispute

sparkey

Reaction score
So I got my first chargeback dispute today after being in business for over 10 years. What do you do with these things? It says if I want to dispute it to Please provide proof of valid authorization obtained for the transaction in question. A sales draft is not proof of valid authorization. This was an $11 charge from an ACW4 autoteller. What do I use for proof of valid authorization? I can go in to the cryptopay website and see the charge but where all the other charges have a name associated with them this one just has numbers so it does kind of look suspicious. Do I just eat the $11 and move on? I am thinking there may also be a chargeback fee associated with this? Is that usually what happens?

mngoalie

Reaction score
If you have a video of them charging it, that maybe enough. I don't know if its worth the fight. I also don't know what the fees are with worldpay

David Rolf

Reaction score
I stopped fighting them due to how long it took and was never successful. We maybe get 2-3 a year and it's just not worth my time.

MC3033

Reaction score
Long shot at winning the fight. I always like to submit what I can hoping the credit card company sees a pattern of abuse and justice is served.

I believe worldpay charges $30 per dispute

If you do not have a signature or chip you have little chance of ever winning

sparkey

Reaction score
Long shot at winning the fight. I always like to submit what I can hoping the credit card company sees a pattern of abuse and justice is served.

I believe worldpay charges $30 per dispute

If you do not have a signature or chip you have little chance of ever winning
Does it cost the same if you fight a dispute v/s let it go? Seems to me you might as well fight the dispute and get your moneys worth and drag it out a little longer so the "customer" is on the hook longer.

mngoalie

Reaction score
Does it cost the same if you fight a dispute v/s let it go? Seems to me you might as well fight the dispute and get your moneys worth and drag it out a little longer so the "customer" is on the hook longer.
the customer gets immediate credit when they file a dispute. So you're wasting your time for the sake of wasting time.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Dude - we are screwed. The only satisfaction you can get is to dispute it to cost the issuer time, then they deny it and tell you if you want to go to arbitration it will cost you $500 and you have to sign a form agreeing to that. I sign the form but cross out all language saying I agree to any such thing to cost them more time. Unless or until merchants can get a class action that this should be on the issuer or customer and not them this won't change. .

Overachiever

Reaction score
Video evidence, license plates, etc were never good enough for me to win a dispute.. even though you have a picture of the guy using his own card it doesn't matter you still lose.

Does tap to pay give you the same benefit of having a chip reader?

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I've only ever had one chargeback. I disputed it, filled out their forms, sent in screen shots, told them I had timestamped video of the person washing their car. Chargeback was denied (ie I won), took all of 10 minutes of my time.
This was 6 or 8 years ago, its probably more difficult now - but sometimes I just get tired of hearing people say we should just roll over.

mngoalie

Reaction score
Unfortunately, things have really changed in the last few years.. since cryptopay only does a swipe and not a chip/tap, the level of evidence needed is much higher. CC companies want swipe gone.

Jram

Reaction score
Save disputed amounts for your book keeper that’s the only way you will get anything out of it

MEP001

Reaction score
You go into Worldpay and refund it to their card.

sparkey

Reaction score
Unfortunately, things have really changed in the last few years.. since cryptopay only does a swipe and not a chip/tap, the level of evidence needed is much higher. CC companies want swipe gone.
That,s why I hate the new cryptopay tap reader. You have to have a mag swiper to use the tap reader so they can swipe all day long. They are never forced to use the more secure tap. Come on Cryptopay, come up with a tap reader that will work independently of the swipe reader.

OurTown

Reaction score
That,s why I hate the new cryptopay tap reader. You have to have a mag swiper to use the tap reader so they can swipe all day long. They are never forced to use the more secure tap. Come on Cryptopay, come up with a tap reader that will work independently of the swipe reader.

Just hide the swiper inside the meter box or auto cashier. Of course you will only be able to accept the cards that have the tap to pay feature. Around here I bet there are less than 50 percent of them that are tap to pay. I just got a new debit card in the mail to replace my expired one. It is not tap to pay and is from the largest credit union in Ohio. They are headquartered not really far from our wash so we see a ton of those cards.

kdersch

Reaction score
When is Crytopay going to support chip cards and be compliant? That same unit can support two pay. Strips (Mastercard) are going to the wayside in 10 years but will be phased out sooner.

This is one of the reasons I’m tempted to try Coinless or Touch4Wash. If you are savy enough to use touch pay you’re also likely savy enough to use an app with Apple Pay.

Etowah