What's new

Crypto Pay Install

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm finally getting my Crypto Pay install going and it's exciting.

We installed the LED 6 Dixmor timers in the bays and they are nice! Bright red display and nice loud beeps for last minute alert. Plus display flashes when time gets low.

Installing the swipers was tough at first because my drills were old and worn. Once I bought new drills the install of swiper went much easier.

Next step is wiring the swipers and hooking them in to the computer.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
Awesome....I also had an issue at first...drilling the stainless was a bit tougher that I had thought it would be even with new bits etc. I finally just removed the doors and used my portable drill press. Piece of cake then. So far my system has been very reliable however it does not get used as much as I had thought it would. It is slowly growing but still not near what I thought it would be. I count up and have a minimum charge of $4 and a max of $12. I have only had two or three ever hit the max charge and I see more $4 charges than I thought I would also. My bay charge is $1 = two minutes time.

ICEMAN

Reaction score
borumrm

i think your customers lack of interest in credit cards maybe caused by your startup price. Why would a customer spend $4 when they can keep spending $1 till they are done with their car. They have no reason to commit. I once tried the a low startup price back in the 90's when I was faced with new competition across the street. I was also $1 for two minutes. The only thing that got me was alot of lowlifes and bucket washers. I have had cc in bays for the last seven years. My startup price is $3 for 5 min. I consistently see charges well above startup price. As for the bucket washers, they now pay 6.00 to bucket wash , go figure.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
borumrm

i think your customers lack of interest in credit cards maybe caused by your startup price. Why would a customer spend $4 when they can keep spending $1 till they are done with their car. They have no reason to commit. I once tried the a low startup price back in the 90's when I was faced with new competition across the street. I was also $1 for two minutes. The only thing that got me was alot of lowlifes and bucket washers. I have had cc in bays for the last seven years. My startup price is $3 for 5 min. I consistently see charges well above startup price. As for the bucket washers, they now pay 6.00 to bucket wash , go figure.
You could be right but I have two other washes less than three miles from me and they start at 25 cents. I get that back at me quite a bit. They don't accept credit cards though. One other wash about one and a half miles from me is the same as me except on his his minimum credit is $5 and each additional swipe is $1. We are all the same price per minute at the end of the day however....just different in our what it take to start up. It is funny to go to the 25 cent wash and get 30 seconds of time. Good thing they don't have last coin alert or it would run constantly.

Reaction score
You guys that have cryptopay, how do you like it? Do you have in just in the ss's or IBA? What kind of autocashier do you have it on? Thanks

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
I have it installed at a 3 bay self serve and have been happy with the system. The credit card acceptance hasn't taken off like I had hoped but does a little better every month so that is positive. I haven't had a single problem with the system and for the cost of the system it does what it should. When you compare $1500 to $10000 you have to accept that it might not do everything you would like it to like the bigger systems. I wasn't interested in fleet washing in the bays so all I needed was something to accept cards at a reasonable entry price and it fits that. I will probably add it onto my vacs before the end of the year.

I installed one on a hamilton acw for another wash and as far as know it has worked like it should. It was an older acw that didn't have any credit card acceptance and since he needed new lexan face and digital readout it was cheaper to go with the cryptopay since it came with all of that included in the price. It was actually at least half price of what it would have cost to upgrade it to a hamilton credit card acceptor.

Reaction score
I have it installed at a 3 bay self serve and have been happy with the system. The credit card acceptance hasn't taken off like I had hoped but does a little better every month so that is positive. I haven't had a single problem with the system and for the cost of the system it does what it should. When you compare $1500 to $10000 you have to accept that it might not do everything you would like it to like the bigger systems. I wasn't interested in fleet washing in the bays so all I needed was something to accept cards at a reasonable entry price and it fits that. I will probably add it onto my vacs before the end of the year.

I installed one on a hamilton acw for another wash and as far as know it has worked like it should. It was an older acw that didn't have any credit card acceptance and since he needed new lexan face and digital readout it was cheaper to go with the cryptopay since it came with all of that included in the price. It was actually at least half price of what it would have cost to upgrade it to a hamilton credit card acceptor.
PCB, how about the CC fees, had any problems with world pay? thanks,

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
Mine is with First Data. I believe it is running about 8-9%. It is higher than I would like but in the end I think its worth it.

cdreed06

Reaction score
Ours is with First Data. 9% fee. I do think it is worth it for my customers who use plastic mostly.