What's new

Cross Check reports

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Unfortuneately, recently learned that my daily shif report did not include a rewash count.

Had to pull aother report to find out how many "re washes" were being put thru.

Re washes require the customer to sign a ticket with vehicle license and phone number so I can check up on reasons. At other locations re washes run less than 2%. Ususlay about 1%.

Suffice it to say numerous "re washes" were being put thru and there were no tickets when I went back to check the historical log.

"Re Wash" function is now deleted. Any rewash is put thru as paid and the ticket offsets the cash shortage.

Have now idea why the original install would have allowed such a hole. Perhaps others have the same issues and don't know it like I did.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
So . to make a couple of extra bucks, i just had to rewash them, now i can just steal the cash directly. I had a a good(exfriend) doing this to me.

dewey9876

I CLN CAZ
Reaction score
As my father use to tell me "locks only keep honest people out" If someone wants to steal from you they will figure out a way. What we do is for every rewash, the cashier must print reciept, write reason for rewash, and have customer sign it and put there phone number. Sure it could be fudged but I like to call the customers to make sure they are now happy customers.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
We required management approval for a rewash. A cashier or line person could not authorize a rewash. We had a harder time with cashiers stealing money by using coupons.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
As my father use to tell me "locks only keep honest people out" If someone wants to steal from you they will figure out a way. What we do is for every rewash, the cashier must print reciept, write reason for rewash, and have customer sign it and put there phone number. Sure it could be fudged but I like to call the customers to make sure they are now happy customers.
Kind of the point of the post. We require the same. But, the daily shift report did not list rewashes. This was apparently a glitch in the report setup. So, there was no number to match against any tickets.

Etowah