What's new

Credit Card to Token Retrofit Kits-Question

Bucksavage

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just joined and first post. Everyone now----forum VIRGIN!!!!! LOL

Anyway, I have a small 3 bay self serve in Arizona and I am researching a credit card system that strictly converts the credit cards to tokens. That is the extent I want to go with for now due to cost and putting a swiper in each bay etc....

I am leaning toward the American Changer Retro Kit from Kleenrite (Part # AMCK200). Its the best system I have found that addresses my exact need.

Any thoughts, suggestions or free stuff (kidding) to solve my problem would be appreciated.

Steve

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I have the American Token station at three of my washes. The machines are reliable enough, but never reached my expectations as far as the number of transactions I anticipated. I have since added in-bay CC acceptors at one of my washes and plan to do others as time and finances permit.

soapy

Reaction score
In 2003 I built a wash and used one hamilton credit card to token machines for the wash. Last year I added a wash gear system to the SS bays at this location. After 10 months I sell more in one month with the wash gear system than I ever sold in a year with the token teller. Now the token teller barely gets used enough to cover the fees associated with it. I would love to sell it to you but my advise is to skip the CC to token machine idea. It just does not work with customers.

Bucksavage

Reaction score
Wash Card System

Soapy,

I am looking up the system you spoke about, but can you give me a little run down of how difficult it was to install?

Do you have to replace your existing token switch box or can you place this next to it?

Did you need an on-site computer? Do these work wireless or over a hard phone line?

Can others comment on the in-bay card acceptance and their experience?
Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

soapy

Reaction score
Hamilton does not make their machine any longer but they do support it. Mine uses a regular phone line and calls in each time to check a card. You set it up to dispense and charge a given amount. It batches out every night and sends a fax or email to you to let you know that days transactions. It does not require a computer. Mine was set up to give $5 of tokens for a $5 charge.