What's new

Credit card processing

Roz

Reaction score
So I had a long chat with a most helpful customer service rep. Seems that the Analytics Fee started in October with little to no notice. I do recall seeing some spam email about your reputation monitoring now available but nothing about an added optional service.

They are refunding me the Analytics fees. Given the voice prompts I suspect they are receiving a lot of calls just on this one item. I would ask for both Oct and Nov to be refunded. They botched the rollout of the service thinking that people would not look at the long list of small fees at the end of the statement.

Customer service reviewed the various fees with me. Most are from the credit card companies with crazy sounding names that try to imply the government is adding the fee but they just pass them thru to us. No idea if true or not about Gov. Supposedly they (TSYS) only adds 0.1% to whatever CC company charges us.

If you look at the bottom of the fees list you will see the TSYS fees. There is one additional optional fee from TSYS for $5.99 per month. It was explained as a type of insurance policy in the event you are taken to court for some credit card security breach blamed on your wash the insurance covers you up to $100k per incident. You can cancel the policy at anytime or reinstate it at any time. Given the latest hack in the news we might keep the insurance but asking around for more info.

I wish TSYS would be more transparent and send us info about policies we may have and not just place more fees on our statements.

All in our fees are 3.25% per month with slight (0.1) variations each month. Fairly consistent between our washes.

fastlx

Reaction score
Just my observation. Check your TSYS and Worldpay statements monthly. I found one charging me a PCI compliance fee and another fee for some other service ( not needed). I had to fill out a PCI compliance form on the internet and just tell them to remove the service I didn't need. As far as the fees they look ok but they get you on the other services. And they just start adding it to your account. I was on the phone with TSYS today and looked at a statement it said beginning Jan 1 a $54.95 fee would be added monthly. I said remove it and they said call back on Jan 4th and they would. So just beware and check the other services at the bottom..... Happy Holidays..

Zal

Reaction score
It seems to the way the finance game is played. THEY Assume we are not going to question their infinite wisdom. I too asked TSYS to refund the analytic fees since they hit every account it was painful.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I recommend going to Cardfellow.com . I have no association with them, except that they found me a rate lower than anything I could find myself. Basically, they solicit offers for you....and then they charge the successful bidder (for your account) a small fee. Their service won't cost you anything.

Anyway....I'm happy with the processor they found for me.....
Rudy I have Cryptopay on my vacs and my bays I have someone else.
Can I use Cardfellow.com to get a different company for my Cryptopay on my vacs only?
My Cryptopay vacs only took in $59.00 and my charge was $22.28.