What's new

Credit Card Fees passed to the consumer

Shorco1

Reaction score
I remember when I resided in California that a gas purchase on a credit card was an additional fee to consumer. Is is possible when purchasing a wash with a credit card via the ACW that the fee could be added to the ticket? It would help our bottom line if that fee were passed on to the consumer. Of course a software change would have to be done to the ACW. Is Hamilton up that the task? Jump right in Brad and let us know your thougts. Airlines are increasing fees for about anything in today's market. Why not the carwash industry?

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they've made that illegal.

Reds

Reaction score
I don't believe it's illegal, but I do know that the credit card companies will not alllow you to charge a transaction fee for using credit. They will cut you off. But you can post your prices as a cash price. Some gas stations do this. The credit price is higher. So you can get around the restrictions that way. But getting your autocashier to deal with that could be a problem. If you were keying in your transactions at a POS device you could program a key to deal with this.

Shorco1

Reaction score
There are some businesses that are charging a transaction fee in NC. There is also a bill being sponsored that the c/c user would be charged the transaction fee on their statements. Ultimately the fees are passed on to the consumer through higher pricing. I'm curious too see Hamilton's retort.