What's new

Crazy Low Central Florida Pricing~

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For a hand wax is $29.99!

I saw this listed in a local paper while on vacation.

Simoniz wax. Includes wash, vac, windows and the waxjob.

That's a low price!:confused:

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Very hard to stay profitable when people undercut you that bad. That guy must not be worried about having a profit margin in his detailing biz.

jfmoran

Reaction score
Was this a stand alone detail shop or a car wash offering express detailing? If it was the latter, then this is no shocker, you can find numerous car washes all over the country who offer an express hand wax for $29.99, however, in most cases, not all, this does not include the wash service.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was detailing at a carwash according to the ad.

It's not the wax price. It's wash, hand wax w/simoniz, vac and windows.

I get $99-$109 for the same service up North. High quality, clay treat., tar removal, hand wax w/Mothers, vac, windows, tire shine.

Never a price complaint. My second most popular detail package. Good margin.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Welcome to Florida, what you saw was more than likely a person with no business license or insurance just a car and cleaning supplies and knows where a car wash is he can get to use without the owner knowing it, this is a common than here. It is just something we have to deal with.

jfmoran

Reaction score
Not So Crazy

You gotta understand that car washes produce a lot more volume than a stand alone detail shop. If he's efficient and doing a fair percentage of his volume say 5-10% I can assure he's making money. Simoniz makes a decent spray wax, that could be what they are offering. Even if this guy does 5 or ten of these a day I'm sure it is helping in keeping his staff employed as well as paid. Last I heard we were in a recession, and Florida or parts of it anyway, were struggling mightily. Hell ten years ago $19.99 was where we started with express detailing pricing. You can't compare express detail pricing at a car wash with stand alone detail pricing.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Ummmm. I think there is a fairly big difference between the condition most cars arrive in when you compare Mass to FL. Walking around there, I kinda notice how clean all the cars look compared to where I live. Still $30 is cheap!