What's new

Courtesy Towel Station & other free offer ideas

fastlx

Reaction score
I use the 5 gallon bucket idea and use an old brush from my SS bay. Maybe been stolen 1-2 times in 6 years. People use it... The free towel idea sounds great but i have limited space on the outlet of the SS bays and IBA and I have two vacs in the back.. So I'm thinking that with the towels it would cause a bottle neck and then I would have a big mess with flow? It moves pretty goos now? Anyone else have a situation like this?

washnshine

Reaction score
I saw an express exterior - Valet Auto Wash, that had lots of space for free vacuums etc. after the wash, and they had really nice containers that had a place to take the new (clean) towel and a slot to drop it in after it was used. Don’t know if it was custom or if they have these things at KR.

Touchless

Reaction score
With our towel dry station we have a cheap $40 leaf blower. Our thought was it would be for drying motorcycles but car customers love it too. It gets used a lot and has never been stolen.
we do not do the prep bucket but started a complimentary bug spray remover at the autobay entrance. Customers really like this as well.

washnshine

Reaction score
we do not do the prep bucket but started a complimentary bug spray remover at the autobay entrance. Customers really like this as well.
Do you use spray bottles, pump sprayer or something else?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice touch and good idea Touchless! However, I would apply a better ( within OSHA Guidelines) label so that you are covered if someone sprays it in their eye etc. What seems unnecessary to seasoned operators could be just the tidbit of info that a personal injury lawyer would pounce on.

Touchless

Reaction score
Nice touch and good idea Touchless! However, I would apply a better ( within OSHA Guidelines) label so that you are covered if someone sprays it in their eye etc. What seems unnecessary to seasoned operators could be just the tidbit of info that a personal injury lawyer would pounce on.
Makes sense, thanks!