What's new

Cost per car in touches IBA with 6 self serve bays

wrightway

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am trying to find a better way to get my cost per car for my IBA. one of my issues is that I cant separate out water and power for self serve bays vs IBA. Can you guys share how you best calculate cost per car on your IBAs. I am just looking a better way.

ShinePro

Reaction score
I ll tackle this one.
Here is what I did-
2 methods
( 5 ss bays & 1 Razor IBA)
1)
i know how long my passes are on each function.
my low pressure passes have a 2.25 injector- and my Navien water heater confirms I m using 2.2 gal per minute
My softener mechanism tells me I m using 23 gal per minute during rinse cycle
I use this to calculate water per each car for each of my 4 wash packages.

and to double check my calculations
2)
My razor gives me a car count
My crypto pay tells me how many credit card customers were in ss
Take the cash count from change machine
My cc customers avg $7.50 per wash
Divide cash by $7
To get cash customer count
Using you tip size in ss bays per how much time $7 gets them gets me close.

take my water bill and compare to my figures to double check.

For me - 1000 cars thru Razor and avg weather meaning ss bays are running good I can tell you my water bill will be about$12/$1300.00
I use that to compare to my previous calculations

🤦‍♂️😁 you asked!
Have fun

wrightway

Reaction score
I ll tackle this one.
Here is what I did-
2 methods
( 5 ss bays & 1 Razor IBA)
1)
i know how long my passes are on each function.
my low pressure passes have a 2.25 injector- and my Navien water heater confirms I m using 2.2 gal per minute
My softener mechanism tells me I m using 23 gal per minute during rinse cycle
I use this to calculate water per each car for each of my 4 wash packages.

and to double check my calculations
2)
My razor gives me a car count
My crypto pay tells me how many credit card customers were in ss
Take the cash count from change machine
My cc customers avg $7.50 per wash
Divide cash by $7
To get cash customer count
Using you tip size in ss bays per how much time $7 gets them gets me close.

take my water bill and compare to my figures to double check.

For me - 1000 cars thru Razor and avg weather meaning ss bays are running good I can tell you my water bill will be about$12/$1300.00
I use that to compare to my previous calculations

🤦‍♂️😁 you asked!
Have fun
I appreciate that. I think I need to just dig deeper and get into the rabbit hole deeper. I was just hoping to find a simpler solution to get a bit more accuracy. From my discussions and your response, so far there is no other way than really spending time digging the details out. Thanks for responding and if anyone else have any other tips please contribute.

Roz

Reaction score
WW makes it easy to calculate water usage per wash package. Roughly speaking 70gals per package if undercarriage and wheel blasters are used.

superiorsteve

Reaction score
I have installed water meters on my IBA feed water. This get's me an accurate amount used on the average. Then I break it down by carwash package and have normalized the cost by package to give me a super accurate cost on water usage. The meters are only 40 bucks on amazon.

wrightway

Reaction score
WW makes it easy to calculate water usage per wash package. Roughly speaking 70gals per package if undercarriage and wheel blasters are used.
at one site that I am using in this example I do have a WW Razor 3. Where would I find out this info ?

Roz

Reaction score
at one site that I am using in this example I do have a WW Razor 3. Where would I find out this info ?
Look in their manual. It tells you the gal used based on the pass details. If you have an pdf version of the manual you can do a quick search. Water Amounts vary depending on arch vs flex as well as speed. Not an exact science but a good estimate.

Attachments

Last edited:

eckert16

Reaction score
As above, there are plenty of avenues to make the calculation. Interestingly enough, determining that is part of the process the IRS uses to 'verify' carwash business income when audits are performed.
The IRS publishes a manual on how to do it for carwash businesses...apparently carwash records can be sparse when it comes to audits for some reason....and the IRS employs Audit Technique Guides under the Market Segmentation Specialization Program to provide direct and indirect methods to 'correct' any reported income deficiencies

jubalr

Reaction score
I have a XP touchless and i5 Soft touch on my site. Just taking the gals used per month and cars washed I average 63-65gal per car. But that also includes all water, bay wash downs etc.
As far as CPC, I'm at about $1.52 for all utilities (water, power, sewer &gas)

Last edited:

OurTown

Reaction score
As above, there are plenty of avenues to make the calculation. Interestingly enough, determining that is part of the process the IRS uses to 'verify' carwash business income when audits are performed.
The IRS publishes a manual on how to do it for carwash businesses...apparently carwash records can be sparse when it comes to audits for some reason....and the IRS employs Audit Technique Guides under the Market Segmentation Specialization Program to provide direct and indirect methods to 'correct' any reported income deficiencies

I don't remember running across that before. It seems like a good read sometime when I get the chance. There's some stuff to just skip over but there's a lot of interesting info. Is there a newer version? This one appears to be 25 years old and therefore pretty outdated.

wrightway

Reaction score

thanks for. this