What's new

Cost of Side Trac

jshepard

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much the Superior Side Trac sells for new or used? Do they still make them?

soapy

Reaction score
I don't thnk they are made anymore. Check with Waxman on price since he is the last person I know of to have bought one.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, this trusty little machine that washes the heck out of cars has been discontinued by the new owners of Superior.:confused:

They now emphasize a surface-chain tunnel system for a reason that is lost on me.:mad:

My distributor bought a new one himself after I did. The cost was well below average for an IBA. Base was about $65k I think and went up from there with add ons like spot free rinse.

Perhaps you could get a used one, however factory support may be an issue.

I get around this due to the simplicity of the machine, wide availability of many non-proprietary parts, and an excellent distributor who also stripped many parts off his old machine before scrapping her.

Check out Washworld!!!!!!!

mac

Reaction score
Waxman, if you think that 65K is low for a basic in bay touchless, you should look at Magic Wand's new e series that starts at 58.5K. It's basically their trusty Magic Spray 2000 without the gantry and overhead tracks. Will fit in most of the older smaller self serve bays.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually that price was a bit high and I think they started at around $59k.

I would rather a Washworld due to its speed, open-bay feel (with inverted L) and cleaning power.

However, I plan on milking my 700 as long as possible. It's only a few years new at this point and just washed a car that came out super!!!!!!

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I am surprised at these prices! I would think these outdated/discontinued machines would be much less than the Ryko, but the OHD (Ryko inverted "L") base price is about the same. What do the wash world machines start at?

jshepard

Reaction score
jshepard

The best value I have seen is the XStream. Good Price, dual arm cleaning, very easy to work on, more standard options and will out clean any PDQ, Washworld, Ryko or Belanger that I have washed at. I also would not like having a gun to my head like I have heard that some PDQ distributors do (I am not saying All). Maybe some other brand dist. do it to I'm not sure.

Last edited:

MikeV

Reaction score
I have heard that same story about the PDQ distributors. One of them threatened a customer of mine, that was several years ago, maybe they have changed.

mac

Reaction score
jshepard, you brought up an excellent point about some PDQ distributors policies. The one in Florida is a good example. If you buy a new machine from him, you have to use his chemicals to get the factory warranty. After the first year service rates are $120 an hour if you do not use his juice, and $60 if you do. His chemicals are OK, but not top shelf. And I am continually amused by mr rykopro, who states: "I would think these outdated/discontinued machines would be much less than the Ryko." Magic Wands new eseries is brand new. Some of the others are very recent. How can these be outdated, but the famous ryko is not? Your hubris is showing.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I was referring to the side track which is no longer made. We have installed some Magic wand self serve equipment. We do preventive maintenance on three sites and service two others. It is basic equipment that has required more repairs than our Ryko signature series self serve equipment. I was just surprised at how much lower the Ryko equipment is priced compared to the other major manufactures. As far as the magic wand being a new machine, I would much rather buy a wash that has a proven track record. Given a choice between similarly priced equipment, I would choose the company that has been and will be around in the future. We are continually getting calls to work on machines where either the company has gone out of business, the distributor is "missing" or both.