What's new

corn boiler for floor heat ????

blastoff

Reaction score
HELLO, I'm a electrician for 10+ years and I'm trying to buy my first car wash. Has anybody heard of using a corn boiler for floor heat? The boiler in question can do a mixture of 1:35. glycol. I was going to get a silo that holds 250 gallons and use a vacuum at the top. You just back the truck up and turn the vacuum on and suck it out of the truck into the silo I'm pretty sure it would need to be filled about every week 1/2 TO 2 weeks depending on how cold it is. I was going to grow my own corn to save money. I have alot of ideas to save on cost but this is the first one, let me know what you guys think on this one? could this one work? thank you!!! blastoff

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
That's an interesting idea, but I don't think it would save you much money, unless your natural gas cost is real high.
The cost for floor heat in my 6 bay self serve was about $2300 for the 2007-2008 season in Omaha, NE. Natural gas sold for about $1.00 per therm. The winter was colder than normal.
I looked into buying a wood boiler a couple of years ago, and decided that the $8000 cost would have way to long of a payback.
Good luck on buying your wash.

Fabman

Reaction score
My son and I cut firewood and sell it to the boiler people and they use a lot more wood than they were told when they bought them. Most people have used over 12 cord this year and there is still a couple of months worth of winter here. We have made a lot of money off the deal. If your going to buy one, really do your homework. There are a lot of cheap inefficient ones on the market.