What's new

Converting Hamilton STA to XE?

Red Baron

Reaction score
I have had problems with my STA, of which I only have 1. I have 5 XE's in other machines and I'm thinking of installing Hamilton's adaptor kit to convert my Gold Line ACW from STA to XE. Comments?

MEP001

Reaction score
I think you're better off with the STA. XE's are easily strung. Unless you're using Tokenotes, I'd highly recommend converting to Mars.

If you really want to convert to an XE, I'll send you the old mounts from our Gold Line if I haven't thrown them out.

motefam

ss/iba midwest
Reaction score
ditto that

Just got strung a few months back on the XE...never on my Mars. And the Mars works better than the XE (Mars is less expensive too, of course). I've converted most of my XEs and HVXs, in wall changers and ACWs, to Mars with good results.

Randy

Reaction score
Yes you can install a XE in place of the STA. The STA Stacker is different than the XE Stacker so you need to use Mounting Bracket #60-2287, it costs $43.59. You?ll also need to change the ?Validator Stacker Harness? #48-3060, it costs $14.28.

If you want to install a Mars validator you want to use a AE2602U7 validator. This is a 24 volt, Upstack validator with 700 bill bill box. The 24 volt power plug is on the back of the door. You?ll need Adapter Harness #48-3043, it costs $20.53.

Mars makes a coupon that will work in any Mars validator manufactured after 2006. The only problem is the Mars validator thinks the coupon is cash and will get change. I do know a couple of operators who use the Mars coupon in there ACW?s and they seem to be pleased with them.

If you need an illustrated parts break down of the XE install I can send it to you.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Red, personal experience here, my XE was strung one week before Christmas last year. It happened during the afternoon on a busy day. I had only left the wash for a couple of hours, came back, and my hopper was empty. Now I use nothing but MARS validators, haven't been strung since.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Why not just get Randy to fix your STA? I've had 1 for 5 1/2 years and it just had it's first "tune up". I have never had an xe but I read a lot of negative comments. IMO the bill acceptor is the most important piece of equipment at the wash. It's Mars and STA's for me.

MEP001

Reaction score
Then it might be a good time to start switching them all to Mars.

Chris F

Reaction score
Mars makes a coupon that will work in any Mars validator manufactured after 2006. The only problem is the Mars validator thinks the coupon is cash and will get change. I do know a couple of operators who use the Mars coupon in there ACW?s and they seem to be pleased with them.
Any AE2400 ($1-$5) validator from Week 40 of 2002 to current can take coupons already. Any AE2400 ($1-$5) validator from Nov. 1999 to October 2002 can be upgraded via a BPM to accept the coupon. Any AE2600 ($1-$20) validator from week 44 of 2003 to current can take coupons already.