What's new

Converting Hamilton 2000 controller to dispense 1.00 tokens instead of quarters

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
FInally getting close to opening my second location. Bays have bill acceptors, Cryptopay, take quarters or tokens, the vacs take bills, quarters or $1 tokens so I changer will not likely get used much, but I am thinking of setting up with $1 tokens. the manual I downloaded from Hamiton says the dip switches on the 2000 are just to allow programming using the handheld programmer ( I do have one, but not handy). I am thinking it might just be a switch or two that needs changing. Still Running XE validator. Anyone know offhand which dip switches need to be where to dispense 1 token instead of 4 quarters per $1.00 deposited? willing to take up to 20.00 bills as the in bay only do 1s or 5s.

Randy

Reaction score
Chip, do you know which controller you have? Is it a regular C-2000 or the Audit Pro C-2000 . If it's a regular C-2000 just change the dip switches H & K to the On position, all the rest should Off. If it's Audit Pro controller your going to need a Hand Held programmer with a cable that has a RS232 plug on the end that plugs into the controller. Once you get to that point it's pretty easy to program the controller. What model Hamilton changer is this controller installed in?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
As Randy said, you’ll need to determine if it is an audit-pro C-2000. It could have been built with it or replaced somewhere in the changers lifetime. The model of the changer is pretty much irrelevant in this case.

Randy

Reaction score
thanks. I believe it is C2000 in an ER60, "early 21st century" vintage.
An early ER-60, my guess would be it's got a regular C-2000 controller in it. Turn Off all the on the front of the controller and then turn On switches H & K and see what happens. The 8 switches on the inside of the controller don't touch those.