What's new

Converting a full service to a hand wash

mpaliseno

Reaction score
Hello all. I am new to the car wash community.

I am currently looking at purchasing existing car washes in the area. I found one that has been for sale for 5 months on a mainstreet in my town. I know from personal experience a new car wash a town over opened that is hand only. And my family alone has started going there in favor.

The car wash I am looking at needs some work. The exterior could use some TLC, and as far as the interior equipment, I have no idea.

My idea rather, is to purchase this full service car wash with the intent of converting it to a hand car wash. I figure with some renovations, and word of mouth this car wash would almost double its value within 2 years.

What I am looking at doing is stripping all the full-service equipment and making part of the inside a walk-thru area. Have glass, and a register inside as well as a couch.

The property itself has room for expansion for detailing areas with cheap canopies.

My question is, how much do you think a renovation like this would cost? The exterior I figure can be spruced up with a paint job, some cheap landscaping, and maybe new shingles for the roof. The interior is explained above.

I was thinking around 100k, but I could be grossly under-estimating.

smokun

Consultant - Rainmaker
Reaction score
How much Thought & Planning Have You Done?

mpaliseno...

I can help you, but only if I can reach you. :confused: For some foolish reason, you do not allow email communication, so we're at an impasse.:rolleyes:

I've built, owned, operated, and upgraded hand-carwashes... and have critical questions relating to your strategy, location, marketplace and labor.

Against all odds, hand-carwashing is making a strong comeback in some unique marketplaces. Done properly, it can be quite profitable. However, most fail... due to poor planning and marketing.

-Steve

mpaliseno

Reaction score
Smokun,

Check my e-mail again. I JUST joined, so it should be available to members!