What's new

Convert my full service to an express wash? Market for full service washes?

washnshine

Reaction score
I haven’t had a full weeks vacation in years. I don’t own the business. I just run it. The owner has another smaller full service car wash he and his family runs. I rarely see him and maybe text with him once a week or so. We are closed on Sundays though. If it wasn’t for that wouldn’t get a day off.
I’m certainly glad you get a day off, but from a business perspective, being closed on Sundays must be eating into your bottom line.

Islandwash

Reaction score
Times are changing and the concept of being closed one day a week or only offering full service 6 days a week is not necessarily wrong and may be better. Successful survival in today's marketplace does not mean the same policies as in preceding generations. Our business environment has changed and promises even more change..

washnshine

Reaction score
Times are changing and the concept of being closed one day a week or only offering full service 6 days a week is not necessarily wrong and may be better. Successful survival in today's marketplace does not mean the same policies as in preceding generations. Our business environment has changed and promises even more change..
Didn’t say being open six days a week or altering your services was wrong. Yes - the times are changing and the multi location express exteriors and flex serves are open 7AM - 8PM 7 days per week. The touch free automatics are open 24/7. So, in my world, plenty of people are going to be washing on that seventh day, so I like to be one of the options.