What's new

Conversion of PDQ WALS Acct. into ICS WashConnect

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
I would like to hear from anyone who has converted their WALS Accounts from their Access Machines into the ICS machines. We will be doing this shortly when the ICS refit is done to our existing Access machine, and the addition of the new ICS machine for the new wash bay. The information overload process of this is frying my brain, so I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has done this. My concerns are with several "free" accounts I have set up, for example, the local police dept. whom I've arranged in WALS to wash their units using the WALS cards I've issued to them. Will I be able to get into their WALS account on WashConnect to add washes? Would like to hear from anyone using WALS in WashConnect. Thanx.

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
Did you wind up doing the ICS upgrade to the access unit? If so, how has it been working and what is a rough price on it?

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
Honestly, it's been a nightmare. I absolutely hate ICS. The system is so complicated and is really not suited for an unattended IBA. Much more suitable for a tunnel where there are people on-site all day. The refit cost was $11,495 for the existing Access Machine, and then for the new bay we installed their AutoSentry Flex, which cost $30,000. Right now things are working fine, but it's been an uphill journey and extremely frustrating along the way. I recently received an inquiry from ICS asking if I would recommend them, 0 to 5. I clicked 0. There have been days when I've wanted to pull them both out of the ground and take them to the dump; but starting over with another brand would be another nightmare, since I have many customers who have bought WashBooks; and the local police are set up with free washes. We also have discounts programmed into the system that coincide with wash codes printed on the back of the local grocery store receipts. So I'm stuck with them.

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Kind of what I expected. I have ICS at my express and getting help is always a problem. Especially getting them to let you talk to someone that actually knows what is going on. I'm having a problem with my access unit losing internet connection every night and having to be restarted every morning. With the wash 45 miles away the trips are getting old. Talking to my PDQ distributor today, he said that they've been told that at some point credit card processing will no longer be supported. Could be tomorrow or could be a year. Guess I'll have to do some serious thinking. I've really liked the access unit and had very little problems, but as always when these companies get bought out everything goes to crap and gets expensive. Thanks again.

New Washdog

Reaction score
Honestly, it's been a nightmare. I absolutely hate ICS. The system is so complicated and is really not suited for an unattended IBA. Much more suitable for a tunnel where there are people on-site all day. The refit cost was $11,495 for the existing Access Machine, and then for the new bay we installed their AutoSentry Flex, which cost $30,000. Right now things are working fine, but it's been an uphill journey and extremely frustrating along the way. I recently received an inquiry from ICS asking if I would recommend them, 0 to 5. I clicked 0. There have been days when I've wanted to pull them both out of the ground and take them to the dump; but starting over with another brand would be another nightmare, since I have many customers who have bought WashBooks; and the local police are set up with free washes. We also have discounts programmed into the system that coincide with wash codes printed on the back of the local grocery store receipts. So I'm stuck with them.
If it's any consolation our experience transitioning from the Wals system to another brand other than ICS hasn't been any better. But I've been assured things will get better.

Brucedvm59

Reaction score
I have two ibas as well as two access units. My local PDQ distributor quoted me $20,000 each for the retrofit to ICS. That seems insane, so I am looking at going to a totally different pay station and I've heard Dencar are good units and really set up well for Iba's. I'm wondering what pay stations people like or dislike for their automatic bays.