What's new

Confused by Ginsan

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I was doing some looking around in my self serve control boxes (in the equipment room) and I'm just flat out confused. Each control box has a transformer that switches voltage over to 24vac, but ALSO has a GS-27 that has power daisy chained to it from a different transformer :confused::confused::confused:

When I unplug the transformer that powers the GS-27, all the bays shut down, but the power from each individual transformer is still active. What I don't understand is why the separate transformers? :confused::confused::confused:

Can anyone make heads or tails of this?

MEP001

Reaction score
My first guess would be the GS-27's were retrofitted after the wash was built, and instead of running them off each bay's transformer (which may have been inadequate) a separate transformer was added to run them. I've seen your setup in many other washes but always with each GS-27 run off the same transformer as the bay it's in.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Well...what is confusing me is that I'm still evaluating the feasibility of putting the Polar Freeze Guard system in and I don't know how to pull the input signal from the bay to fire the controller. Thoughts?

Reaction score
Well...what is confusing me is that I'm still evaluating the feasibility of putting the Polar Freeze Guard system in and I don't know how to pull the input signal from the bay to fire the controller. Thoughts?
The GS-27-D closes the trickle sol when a low pressure function is on, also gives the motor a 1 sec delay, and can provide low water protection for 1 bay if hooked up

You get the signal from the timmed hot that goes to the ploar freeze.

Last edited:

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
The GS-27-D closes the trickle sol when a low pressure function is on, also gives the motor a 1 sec delay, and can provide low water protection for 1 bay if hooked up

You get the signal from the timmed hot that goes to the ploar freeze.
I guess my question is, why do I have to have the separate transformer with the daisy chained power? When I unplug it, I lose all the power to my bay timers and acceptors. I'm just not sure how to pull the timed load when it appears as though it comes from each of the individual transformer.

Reaction score
I guess my question is, why do I have to have the separate transformer with the daisy chained power? When I unplug it, I lose all the power to my bay timers and acceptors. I'm just not sure how to pull the timed load when it appears as though it comes from each of the individual transformer.
I think that transformer is for the low water cut off do you have a float in your rinse tank?
The timmed load goes to you switch out in the bay,11&21 on a 8 pos if you open up you controll panel for each bay you should had a diagram that shows everything. You will have to see if you transformers are all tied together on the common side i would say that they are not in that case you will have to remove the jumpers on the polar freeze and run a timmed hot and common to each relay on the polar freeze.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I think that transformer is for the low water cut off do you have a float in your rinse tank?
The timmed load goes to you switch out in the bay,11&21 on a 8 pos if you open up you controll panel for each bay you should had a diagram that shows everything. You will have to see if you transformers are all tied together on the common side i would say that they are not in that case you will have to remove the jumpers on the polar freeze and run a timmed hot and common to each relay on the polar freeze.
I'm thinking that is the way I am going to have to do it...sheesh...nothing is ever easy. Thanks for the clarification.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
No...just the Walters fill valve.

The timed load goes to your switch out in the bay,11&21 on a 8 pos if you open up you controll panel for each bay you should had a diagram that shows everything.
I see the diagram and I have push buttons, but same difference I suppose.

You will have to see if you transformers are all tied together on the common side i would say that they are not in that case you will have to remove the jumpers on the polar freeze and run a timmed hot and common to each relay on the polar freeze.
Without a float, how necessary is the GS-27?

Thanks!

Reaction score
IMO i like the 27-d it shuts off the weep when a low pressure wand function is used and also with a 1 sec delay if someone turns the switch fast it will not pull the sol or relays in.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
IMO i like the 27-d it shuts off the weep when a low pressure wand function is used and also with a 1 sec delay if someone turns the switch fast it will not pull the sol or relays in.
From what I can tell with my setup though is that there isn't a trickle solenoid present...I just have the one solenoid hooked up to the weepmizer. Thoughts?

Reaction score
From what I can tell with my setup though is that there isn't a trickle solenoid present...I just have the one solenoid hooked up to the weepmizer. Thoughts?
Look down on your pump stand you should have one per.Some are mounted under the control box next to the soap and wax sol.Take a pic if you can, timed hot should be the yellow wire if they used ginsan wire.

MEP001

Reaction score
Bubbles Galore said:
I'm just not sure how to pull the timed load when it appears as though it comes from each of the individual transformer.
Just take power from the "TIMER ON" light on the pumpstand to your freeze guard system. That's your timed load from the bay.

mac

Reaction score
Whils Gin San has been around a while, and they have some good people, I have never for the life of me figured out why they do some things. For instance, why do they have two times for each bay, and for their vacs? One is a display timer in the bay, which doesn't do anything, and the other timer is what controls the functions. So a customer puts in a quarter and the pulse goes to both timers, then the inside timer sends a signal to the outside timer. On several of their system that we work on I have removed two five gallon buckets of parts from the pump stand because of leaks, and it still works the same, just fewer leaks.

Etowah