What's new

Concrete Pitting

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Anyone have any successful solutions to fixing concrete which has pitted over time from the soap, salt, etc.? It's not so bad as to needing to be totally replaced, but it's bad enough to bother me.

I was thinking of just using leveling concrete from a hardware store, then sealing all the concrete with a sealer that penetrates the concrete but doesn't let anything else through.

Thoughts anyone?

MEP001

Reaction score
I remember something that could be spread over the surface and would look like new concrete, but I don't know what it's called or whether it's durable. I'd like to do the same thing since the idiots who did our bays did such a terrible job. The floors looked like they were 30 years old before we even opened.

soapy

Reaction score
Many concrete specialty shops sell a epoxy type of concrete products. I use one made for repairing concrete roadways call Road Patch. It mixes with water and sets up very fast. Be sure that you have the concrete you are covering is completly clean and free of dirt. I also use a bonding agent called Acryl 60 that helps it hold up better and bond stronger.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Thanks soapy, I'll try to find an epoxy based concrete.