What's new

Competing With Express Tunnel Wash

carstawash

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a good way to compete with an express tunnel wash. We run 2 Petit in bay automatics in 2 different locations about 2 miles apart. They are planning on building a large car wash in between the 2 locations. We are considering adding monthly wash passes and loyalty programs on updated kiosks. Has anyone had any success doing this? Or am I just wasting my money?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
You can compete! My closest competitor is what many have called Take 5's Golden Child of a location. They're done upwards of 1800 car count days.

I have a dual Petit site with Dencar tellers running unlimited monthly. I offer a microfiber towels / window cleaner / All Purpose Cleaner. My site is spotless and my pricing is competitive with the tunnels.

My trailing 12 months I've washed almost 65k cars

OurTown

Reaction score
You can compete! My closest competitor is what many have called Take 5's Golden Child of a location. They're done upwards of 1800 car count days.

I have a dual Petit site with Dencar tellers running unlimited monthly. I offer a microfiber towels / window cleaner / All Purpose Cleaner. My site is spotless and my pricing is competitive with the tunnels.

My trailing 12 months I've washed almost 65k cars

Do you offer free vacs?

JLanman

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a good way to compete with an express tunnel wash. We run 2 Petit in bay automatics in 2 different locations about 2 miles apart. They are planning on building a large car wash in between the 2 locations. We are considering adding monthly wash passes and loyalty programs on updated kiosks. Has anyone had any success doing this? Or am I just wasting my money?
Keep your wash super clean and inviting. Make sure your equipment is maintained and operates efficiently. Play on your advantages (24/7 operations, SS bays, multiple locations, convenience, superior services [cleaner cars],etc...). Get a loyalty plan going. Memberships are great, but you need to offer options for members and non members. Give them a reason to be loyal to your business.
Do you have a facebook page, do you have your GMB (Google My Business) setup? Are you using these platforms to advertise, post, etc.. to create a community around your business? Play up your ability to offer multiple payment options. Host events at your wash to drive community engagement (car shows, fundraisers, etc...). Make sure you have tools to collect customer information so that you can communicate directly with them via email or text. Implement a system that can help automate these activities. Spend time at the wash on weekends, etc... to promote your wash, and these services so you can get new customer signed up to your platform. Make it super simple for customers to contact you with any issues they have at the wash. Basically out class the competition with superior customer service and ease the process to do business with you through your systems.