What's new

Coleman replacement parts

wendy's wash

Reaction score
At the first of this year I purchased 5 used combo vacs. I just bought 2 more used combos last week. One of my old carpet machines air compressor has gone bad. Called Coleman and a new one runs $323.00 plus tax. Does anyone know of a lower cost replacement compressor for this combo. Took the compressor from the additional carpet vac I bought that has not been installed yet. I do have the option of purchasing more combos for $1,200.00 each. 5 years old. I just hate buying a good vac and removing the parts. Any suggestions?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
At the first of this year I purchased 5 used combo vacs. I just bought 2 more used combos last week. One of my old carpet machines air compressor has gone bad. Called Coleman and a new one runs $323.00 plus tax. Does anyone know of a lower cost replacement compressor for this combo. Took the compressor from the additional carpet vac I bought that has not been installed yet. I do have the option of purchasing more combos for $1,200.00 each. 5 years old. I just hate buying a good vac and removing the parts. Any suggestions?
You can use any compressor that fits. Go to a home center, look at the compressors on the portable air tanks and get one that fits. They are not the same quality if Coleman is using a Thomas compressor which is top of the line, and rebuildable. However, the compressor does not really get that much use since it runs for 5 minutes or so at a time.

MEP001

Reaction score
In my opinion, the compressor in Fragramatics is too small. I've never gotten shampoo foam or a fragrance mist from one of their machines that I do from our Doyles (with Fragramatics guns/brushes on them).

At the very least, use one with the same CFM/pressure ratings as what you have. Harbor Freight has some that are very inexpensive.

mr-gte

northeast Pa
Reaction score
combo vac

I own Coleman combos
I would gut them out to vac only
I would not want any Coleman combos
for free > because customer experience is detrimental to your business

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I own Coleman combos
What is the problem with them. I have a shampoo/vac and have had very little trouble with it. I put it in a very prominent spot and it does very well.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
I would bit the bullet and buy new compress from coleman, I have 8 of them and are very happy, have been running for over 5 years, only problems i have had is with the timers and replaced sentron once. Just my opinion, sometimes cheaper is not better.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Chances are good that if you go to the Thomas Compressor Web Site, get a Distributors list, you can find a better deal on the exact compressor. Worth a try.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I own Coleman combos

Can't say I share your experience. Bought my first about 15 years ago. Since then acquired 9 more, and recently buying 2 more with bill acceptors and a used one which I bought the Door upgrade for. Have installed chasing rope lights in bubbler displays. Need to replace Air fresh or Shampoo hoses every couple of years. Other than that probably as much / little trouble as most everything else.

can you share your issues

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Mr GTE, you certainly take every opportunity to slam Coleman combo units. Do you own any other brand? I would gladly swap my Fragramatics for Coleman. Colemans are 10X easier to work on