What's new

Coleman Hanna WW 2.0 alarm 87

66carwash

Reaction score
Every 6-10 washes we get an alarm 87 front boom safety eye did not test off. Over time we replaced all eyes and some wiring harnesses that were original. After a reset we get another few washes out and the boom will fail again.
Any ideas?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
You need to change the front boom safety receiver eye and/or the cable. You can try spliciing or soldering the cable together. It is usually the connector that goes bad. I prefer to just swap out to an eye with the long cable and no connector

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
One other thought- make sure you are not getting the front and rear boom safety eyes confused with one another.

66carwash

Reaction score
Greg,
We have done all eyes and wires. You are correct with being sure which is the front eye. Last it happened was over 200 washes ago. It did it again yesterday. Rechecked connections and reset wash and it is working again. Unfortunately when it stops working it stays inoperable until we hit the reset. It is a ghost.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Your next option would probably be wiring in the eye box then the input card. I don't know how familiar you are with the eye wiring so don't know if this is helpful but basically it has to be the receiver eye, the cable, wiring in the eye box or short in the wire to the ID16(low probability but possible), then off to the input card.

You can emulate a eye test by flipping the lever on the transmitter eye relay located in the gantry and watching the appropriate lights on the ID 16 2010 inputs 11 and 12, or you can view the eye inputs in the tech menu while you manually start a wash, then reset, then repeat over an over. When I experienced this in the past it was often the first wash of the day.