What's new

Coleman Hanna going the way of the dodo? Other options?

srr5008

Reaction score
We have two WW 2.0 units that have been relatively bullet proof, but they are both getting up there (200k+ washes on each unit). We were originally considering replacing them with new WW 2.0's, but I don't see much of a difference/improvement in the new machines - it doesn't look like there has been much innovation on Coleman Hanna's part. I also don't see much chatter on these forums about Coleman Hanna equipment.

It now has us questioning our decision to replace the units with what is essentially a "newer" version of the same thing. I see a lot of talk on here about the WW Razors. Are there any other touch free units that we should be considering as well? I'd be curious to hear any opinions from someone that switched from the WW 2.0's to the Razor units - if you have done so, are you happy with the decision?

Any input would be appreciated!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm getting my new Razor soon. Replacing an old Superior TF machine. The programming and built in diagnostics are great. I like the way the production arch can start dispensing from front or rear. The factory support is widely known as top notch.

I'm not a fan of zero degree nozzles, so the "L" shape with V nozzles is my peference.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I think they are focusing their energy on tunnels right now.

Water wizards are tanks but I do wish they were modernized somewhat. If you have challenging cleaning conditions it's hard to beat the cleaning power of gantry units. If they would just update their skin, lighting, and their HMI I'd buy another. But right now a brand new wizard would be virtually identical to what I bought in 2007. I plan to wrap mine for a more modern look, add LED lights and an audio speaker, and keep them chugging along. I suppose that's a testament to a good design. The water wizard is very flexible in programming, and I actually can control more parameters than many newer units.

Last edited:

washnshine

Reaction score
I don’t think they’ve updated their fusion machine in quite a while either.

srr5008

Reaction score
If you have challenging cleaning conditions it's hard to beat the cleaning power of gantry units. If they would just update their skin, lighting, and their HMI I'd buy another. But right now a brand new wizard would be virtually identical to what I bought in 2007.
This is the exact problem we are wrestling with. We're in a rural area and deal with a tremendous amount of mud, and I think it'll be hard to beat a gantry-style machine that is washing both sides at once. I've only had limited experience with the single-arm style washes, but it doesn't feel like that achieve the same pressure/coverage. I also think the oscillating nozzles on the WW's help with the mud.

FWIW, at the carwash show a few year back they did inform us that they can do custom skins and light bars for them - not something they really advertise on their website.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm less concerned about mud and more about proper impact on the surface. I have challenging road film conditions in my area and the oscillating five degree nozzles seem to work best to strip the film off. I briefly owned two vectors and after much chemistry experimentation still couldn't get couldn't get them to clean to my satisfaction. As a result I pulled them out and installed two water wizard 2.0s. I was concerned I was moving backwards in a way is "styling" but the customer feedback was 95% positive. I really like the look of a modern inverted L style unit but in the end the finished product is what is important.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Greg,
I must agree with you on this post, i have 2 WW myself and they have close too 200,000 washes on each and it appears there is nothing that cannot be replaced on them they just keep on running. I have looked at several of the newer style washes and cannot see a better wash than we get not, so I wonder do I want something that shows with lights and colors or stay with what I know and keep the money and invest somewhere else.
In the past I have complained about Colemans Prices, but to me do I makes payments on new equipment or drive what I have.

Just my thoughts.

washnshine

Reaction score
I don’t have one, but the Petit 360 seems to strike a balance between what everyone is talking about in gantry vs. inverted L machines. They’ve got the openness, off the ground mounting with the ability to size the front and back like the inverted L machines. But also the oscillating high impact nozzles, the ability to wash 2 sides at once and oscillating high impact top nozzles that pack a lot more punch than V-jets aimed from 4-5 feet above the hood.

However, I don’t think they have the on-board cta and wheel and rocker blasters that the gantry machines have, or the quick productivity/ flex passes that the inverted L’s have.
Always a compromise, but to my eye, this machine takes some of the positives of both styles and strikes a balance for now - until somebody else takes it even further.

carwashireland

Reaction score
We have replaced a WW 2.0 and are in the process of replacing another. Both with Razors. Our Razor is 6 months old and I must admit customers seem to love the unit. I was really happy with the 2.0 but can't see the point of replacing an old machine with the same machine.

washtech46

Reaction score
The ww is a good bullet proof machine, if you want newer and much faster, take a look at Oasis Typhoon. Its the fastest on the market which granted isn't always good. Although when you couple the speed with 48 zero degree nozzles blasting all 5 sides of the car at one time you can imagine the power to knock all of that mud and grime loose. Add in the double side adjust and now you are adjusting to a set distance on all sides of the vehicle...it is by far a superior machine and if it's set up right using good chemicals, it will come closer to just about anything on the market to a brush machine without ever touching the vehicle. Couple all of that with the top technology in the industry where anything is possible and your never more than your laptop or smart phones reach away from all the same controls of your machine as if you were standing at your control cabinet... Check it out at http://oasiscarwashsystems.com/typhoon-car-wash-system/
It will be worth your time But dont dismiss your ww too.soon, they will run forever with the slightest tlc....hope you keep us posted as to what you decide whatever brand you chose!

Reaction score
Coleman has a new unit called a fasttrack touch free. Looks like a double inverted L machine. Fits in a small bay. Curious about it.

OurTown

Reaction score
Coleman has a new unit called a fasttrack touch free. Looks like a double inverted L machine. Fits in a small bay. Curious about it.

That has been out for about 7 years now but I don't think they sold very many. What do you consider a small bay?

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
That machine was originally designed/built by the previous HydroSpray ownership's team. They called it The Cobra.
We showed it at the ICA show in 2003 or 2004, IIRC. I sold and installed a few before I retired in 2005.

I believe the design was sold to Sonny's, then it went to Oasis for a short time, and finally to Coleman.

The Cobra was pretty awesome for it's time.

Rainway

Reaction score
I plan to wrap mine for a more modern look, add LED lights and an audio speaker, and keep them chugging along.
Hi Greg, I’d like to learn more about what you did or are planning. I’d like to do LED lighting or re-wrap… what do you do with speaker - play music or what? Would be curious to learn what products/providers you went with.

Thanks

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Hi Greg, I’d like to learn more about what you did or are planning. I’d like to do LED lighting or re-wrap… what do you do with speaker - play music or what? Would be curious to learn what products/providers you went with.

Thanks
I was going to add an instructional/info speaker that would tell the customer to stop, pull forward, back up. I may also add some function audio,