What's new

Coinco validator repair

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Who do you use to repair your Coinco validators? Since they are about $300 new, at what point do you quit repairing them and just get a new replacement?

Randy

Reaction score
It all depends on the condition and what’s wrong with the validator has to what it will cost to repair it. I won’t repair a BA-30 or a MC2600 anymore, the MC2600 is a very poor validator for the car wash industry. Some of the earlier Mag-50’s require board change to upgrade them to accept the new currency, this pushes the repair price up to the point that you might think about replacing the validator.

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Ric,

If the cost of repair is 40-50% of the cost of a new one, buy a new one. Technology changes so fast that you are best serviced with the latest technology.

Uncle Sam

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Ric,

If the cost of repair is 40-50% of the cost of a new one, buy a new one. Technology changes so fast that you are best serviced with the latest technology. Uncle Sam
And with the track record that Coinco has for not being secure, I wouldn't spend a dime on one and would change to something better.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
And with the track record that Coinco has for not being secure, I wouldn't spend a dime on one and would change to something better.
My changers give tokens only. I don't need a high security validator. The Coinco's work fine for my needs. If I gave back "real money" I would probably have something else.

washnvac

Reaction score
Who do you use to repair your Coinco validators?
I send mine to American Changer. I dispense all tokens as well. I have been very happy with the CoinCos. I usually get $80,000 to $100,000 dollars worth of bills before something goes wrong. You can't beat that! I have MAG 52s, MAG 50s and MAG 60s. I have 13 units in operation.

One note, on all my validators I remove the bottom plastic plate and smear die-electric grease all over the bottom of the circuit board. This keeps any moisture from burning it out prematurely.

The repair cost at American is usually $120-190. Everyone I get back from repair last the same as new.