What's new

code 66 again

diamond joe

Reaction score
well my code 66 came back after bending back the wheel scrub chassis prox.I guess the prox is damaged(there are some deep scrape marks on the face).I still dont understqand why it doesnt display a code 10 for the wheel scrubs? are all the prox sensors the same? I have a spare for the wiper which is a r14526-024 and wonder if I can use it in other locations.
thanks
Joe

captain cw

Reaction score
I think the length is the only difference. I had the same issue once and replacing the prox switch fixed it.

diamond joe

Reaction score
thanks for the imput guys.Ispoke to the rep at car wash consignmenst this am and ordered 2.He is very knowledgeable and more than happy to give advise.as it turns out both the left and right prox are bad(???) or so I hope.I was able to use the one I had in stock that was for the wiper on one side and will use one of the new ones to replace the other side.They are very easy to test now that Ive been educated.Let the air out of the machine,observe #33 and 34 on the plc.when the wheel scrubs are deployed the lights should go out.Mine both stayed on.after replacing the l/side it works properly so tomorrow I should be out of the woods.
thanks again for the advice!
Joe

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
The wheel scrubs must extend in order for the lights to go out. Forcing the wheel scrub from the communication interface would be a better test.