What's new

Closed doors in winter has customers thinking wash is closed.

WashSingh

Reaction score
Last year I installed XRS airlift doors on my automatic bay. Since these doors can remain closed in the winter to keep in the heat, I've recently had trouble with customers thinking the wash is closed. I've heard of some wash owners having signs on the Vinyl doors that say "Car Wash Open" or something along those lines with hours of operation. Would anyone be willing to share a few pictures if they have signs on their doors? Trying to get a few ideas, as well as, any sign/banner printer recommendations.

Thank you in advance!

Wash4Life

Reaction score
We have "OPEN 24/7" on our doors. I cannot say that it helped us. What actually helped us with that issue is our membership program. Non-members see members going in.

washnshine

Reaction score
yes. “Car Wash open 24 Hours” or whatever hours you have - written on the door is popular in my area for IBA’s.

Roz

Reaction score
DIYBanners.com makes a nice highly reflective vinyl banner. Our front door banners say "OPEN 24 Hours", and "Doors Open Automatically After Payment", on the outside of the exit doors that face the road we have "EXIT" and "TOUCH-FREE" or "SOFT-CLOTH"

12" letters

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Here's how I did it. Only the word "OPEN" is easily read from the street. The dual color assures it can be read at night as well. The "S" is missing from "DOORS". I probably took this picture so my sign guy could redo them.

002.JPG

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I.B.,

Were your door signs finished with 3M high bond double back tape for the letters (vinyl?) to stay on the polycarbonate? Maybe the letters are painted on?

srr5008

Reaction score
We have polycarbonate doors (no clear panels in them). Stickers on the door that say "Door Opens Automatically" and "Open 24 hours."

I still got a dozen calls a week from customers complaining that they bought a wash and the doors won't open. We have a stoplight outside our door - we added signs to correspond to the colors (Green = Enter, and Red = Wash in Use). That helped tremendously and cut down to the number of calls to 2-3 week, from the morons that can't read.

We are installing new doors in the spring - they will have a clear viewing panel for people in line to see that someone is in the bays.