What's new

Check Valve advice

CleanMachine

Reaction score
Do i need a check valve on air AND chemical on low pressure functions? (Foam brush, tire cleaner, tri-foam) Thinking of using John Guest 1/4 x 1/4 pushlock check valve on 1/4 inch lines. In equipment room? OR closer to 1/4-3/8 TEE above bay?
THANKS!

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Since fluid seeks the path of least resistance…

Foam brush…No CV required

Foam Gun…Probably not.

Tire cleaner delivered thru the HP trigger gun? A hi-pressure CV at the injection manifold above the boom.

My installations operate at ~40psi pump/30psi air. Poly tubes for each connected above the booms. With foam gun #40 spray tips, I’ve not had backflow issues with no CVs on either line.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Since fluid seeks the path of least resistance…

Foam brush…No CV required

Foam Gun…Probably not.

Tire cleaner delivered thru the HP trigger gun? A hi-pressure CV at the injection manifold above the boom.

My installations operate at ~40psi pump/30psi air. Poly tubes for each connected above the booms. With foam gun #40 spray tips, I’ve not had backflow issues with no CVs on either line.
I can attest to this! It's fact!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
You need a minimum of one high pressure rated check valve at the injection manifold. You don't have to have one on each line. The DH manifold I have at one site uses a quad 1/4" polytube fitting that has air, presoak, tire clean, and low pressure wax going into one check valve. That's as simple as it gets. All air lines going into this manifold can be teed into one air line in the equipment room. I don't think it even has a foam generator. It may not be the "best way" but seems to work fine. There is also another high pressure check valve coming out of the pump and into the chemical manifold.

I use this one:

Randy

Reaction score
We only have one high pressure check valve on our manifold up by the boom. We've used the Fluid controls CV-100T check valve for years with no problems, I can't remember when we had the change one.