What's new

Chargebacks

Carwashking

Reaction score
How often do you get a chargeback using CryptoPay? I seem to be getting excessive amount and curious how you respond

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
I would guess EMV compliance...which CP is not.

"A merchant has a mag-swipe-only POS card reader, but the purchaser only has an EMV card. Because the merchant is unable to accept business payments made with the EMV card’s smart chip, the consumer is forced to swipe his or her EMV card through the mag swipe reader in order to complete the purchase. If that purchase processes and turns out to be fraudulent, the merchant is liable under credit card EMV compliance law because the credit card or bank issuer company was the only one to adopt EMV technology and fulfill its prerogative to secure the purchase."

Chargebacks are a pain to fight.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
At one site I was having excessive chargebacks. If someone questioned the purchase and googled my company name it would bring up a wash 30 miles away. I changed the DBA on my cryptopay account to one that actually reflected the location instead of my company name. I changed the DBA to "Calera car wash" (Calera was the name of the town). It reduced them somewhat. Just a thought in case your DBA name might confuse people.

I don't bother with chargebacks- not worth the time

Carwashking

Reaction score
We have a busy truck wash and I believe they realize it is a mag stripe so they can spend $30.00 and say it is fraud

OurTown

Reaction score
Isn't this stealing? That is the way I would look at it. Can you get the transaction ID from logging into World Pay and then referencing it to the name on the Cryptopay's site? That way you can see who is doing this. I'm sure there are repeat customers. I have actually matched credit card transaction time stamps with our camera system to get a name of someone doing something we don't like. (or something illegal)

STXCW

Reaction score
At one site I was having excessive chargebacks. If someone questioned the purchase and googled my company name it would bring up a wash 30 miles away. I changed the DBA on my cryptopay account to one that actually reflected the location instead of my company name. I changed the DBA to "Calera car wash" (Calera was the name of the town). It reduced them somewhat. Just a thought in case your DBA name might confuse people.

I don't bother with chargebacks- not worth the time
We had a similar issue and changed the name on the account and the chargebacks dropped significantly. The majority of the ones we see now come from the same cards. Happens both on bays and autos. Few folks have figured out they can complain and get their money back due to lack of EMV, which in my eyes is theft as they received the service they came for. We are trying to figure out a way to block these individuals cards from being accepted through our merchant.

Carwashking

Reaction score
I ask cp and they told me it is impossible to block a card. If you are successful with world pay please share with everyone.

Etowah