What's new

Changing brushes on motor

JimmyJaffa

Reaction score
We are having problems changing vacuum motor brushes at one of our location. We ordered (I thought) the same motors as our other wash, but these lamb model 116757 (Kleen-Rite model VAL 6757, brushes are VA30034) are impossible. The power to the brush comes from a thin metal strip slipped under the plastic housing attached to a wire. We have tried without success to pull, push and pry the metal strip out.
Has anyone come up with a way to replace these brushes other than buying a different motor (an expensive option) when they burn up.

Post Script, read a previous post and answers to this pressing question, and I will try crushing them to remove the wire. Should have not been too lazy to check first, and of course someone else has had this problem before.

Randy

Reaction score
I?ve never had a problem changing out the brushes on the lamb motors. I use the same motor as you, same brush. It must be that I?m a little more gentle. I work a small screwdriver on top of the tab and pry it out of the brush holder, sometimes you have to work at, but it?ll come out. I?ve never crushed one, but it might work. I think you want to minimize the amount of movement on the wire that goes the brush tab. I?ve never broke off a tab off yet and I?ve been doing it with a small screwdriver for years.