What's new

chain rollers and takeup

mikeexpress

Reaction score
hello
i am getting ready to order new chain and rollers for my conveyor and looking for opions on different chain and rollers. I have a 90' conveyor which is a sonnys over/under. I do run the 7'4 spacing and that has worked great for me. also looking for anyone that has put in the retro kit air take up that sonnys have. Any pros or cons on it. Also should i replace the spring set up if i stay with the present set up.Conveyor is 10 yrs old and i have never replaced the spring but have replace the chain and rollers.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
hello
i am getting ready to order new chain and rollers for my conveyor and looking for opions on different chain and rollers. I have a 90' conveyor which is a sonnys over/under. I do run the 7'4 spacing and that has worked great for me. also looking for anyone that has put in the retro kit air take up that sonnys have. Any pros or cons on it. Also should i replace the spring set up if i stay with the present set up.Conveyor is 10 yrs old and i have never replaced the spring but have replace the chain and rollers.
I do not have Sonny's equip. Saw their new lift out system at the midwest show and thought it was a stroke of genius. Apparently a retrofit is available.

I have air takeup on one conveyor. Not Sonny's . It is really sweet but if you lose air pressure to it you are out of business. Some air line freezing issue in really cold weather since the takeup is outside.

The log chain option seems very interesting. Not sure what the repair or shortening procedure would be as far as difficulty. I guess you would need at least one section on hand as a spare. If your volume is over 100k a year you might want to consider closer roller spacing.

CRHAMEL

Reaction score
Try kleen rite for rollers and chain

KR has a wonderful freight program that works well with chain and sprokets and rollers.. also sprokets and Take up drums

Give them a shot

CR HAmel

mikeycarwash

Reaction score
Go For it.

I used the air tension / take up for 3 years and it was fantastic. Rollers literally never jam. Just keep an extra air cylinder on hand because there is no way to manually bring up a roller unless you reach under whith your hand. Also the dog bones style chain is a breeze to work with , you can take a link out in under 10 minutes. I have been moved to a different site and miss it. But my system was installed new, not a retro.