What's new

Central Ky...Lots of locks drilled.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Sometime last night I had 14 locks drilled out at one of my washes. Opened were, 2 Hamilton ACWs, 4 Etowah meter boxes, and 1 token dispenser I made out of an old ACW. They made off with the bills from the SS bays and the hoppers from the 2 ACWs which contained dollar coins. I think they missed the bill boxes on the Mars acceptors in the ACWs, but it appears they searched the Hamilton stacker (only used for tokenotes) for cash. I don't know what they used, but it sure worked good.

slash007

Reaction score
I'm not too far from you, hope they don't drift this way... Really sorry to hear that. Even one lock drilled or messed with is frustrating enough.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I. B. Washincars,

I've been thinking really hard about this type of a dilemma & one way to keep some of us from getting a heart attack or a stroke from the trauma ... It seems like using some of our extra wires coming into our coin box area could be used with a 3 conductor proximity switch positioned just right so during the split second that the thief finally causes the first coin tray to move...

At that point ... a 24/7 zoned alarm would be triggered ... setting off "mayday mayday" ringtone or other alarm type of distinctive alert. Then within another second a glance at the locations video from cell phone would verify & the 911 call would then happen minimizing the chance of the robbers getting away. I remember one time before cameras & cell phones were as good as they are now ... an alarm sensor alerted me ... I was close enough by ... I came to the location ... saw part of the event still in progress by some dryer vents above a lower roof level ... I called from the Domino's Pizza place across the street that was still open. True story ... at least 5 or 6 police cars quickly descended on the place. Since there was a possibility that one of the criminals were still in the building ... I was only allowed to unlock some doors but not go in because police were very concerned about me being taken as a hostage.

Because of the time factor ... the rascals got away ... possibly because at that time ... the local PD did not have the highly trained Bloodhounds & the German Shepherds (K9s) that they have now & the next door new & used car dealership lot had apparently too many places for them to hide. On the other hand, the bad guys &/or gals may have ran to a getaway car out of my line of sight while waiting for the Police to arrive.

mike walsh www.kingkoin.com