What's new

Ceccato owners

mac

Reaction score
There must be something in the water, and it has a slight odor to it. An owner that I am trying to change into one of my customers has a Ceccato automatic. They just bought the place a month ago. The unit needed a few parts to be up and running. It's been a month now. Still no parts. The version I heard was the distributor who had been servicing them, decided he didn't want to anymore. The owner was told the parts will be here in a couple more weeks. This will have made it down for close to two months. Anyone else heard anything on this machine or company?

mac

Reaction score
Ah, the power of the internet ! I was able to find out what was going on with this particular owner, and with Ceccato. Turns out I didn't get the full story from the owner. While he has been down for what I would consider an inordinate amount of time, a large part of that was due to the owner not making up his mind in a timely fashion. There may also be other things involved, but this is mainly not the fault of Ceccato or their reps here. I had a nice conversation with Paul who is in charge of distribution, and he seems to be doing the things necessary for a healthy supply line. My gut reaction when I first heard the story was , here we go again. Another company selling machines and then walking away. That is not the case here. Some have compared my postings to lobbing a live gernade into the church. There may be a kernal of truth to that on occasion. Must be the old Marine in me. I'll work on that.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Just another example of an owner not wanting to take the responsibility for their own actions. Always blame someone else. To prevent you from ending up with egg on your face, before you post anything here, try to get the other side of the story.

I get calls about an issue and the first thing that I ask is do you owe someone money over this. The last time the owner lied and said "NO". Turned out that he did. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper.

Good second thought on this & the followup Mac.

Joe Gillis

Reaction score
Cecatto

Mac

Hope you don't need tech support. Cecatto (Made in Italy) is on vacation the whole month of August. That should give you time to buy some metric tools.

Buy American! The job you save may be yours.

altcw555

Reaction score
After looking for over a year at every piece of Automatic Equipment for sale we purchased the Ceccato 'Pegasus Premium' that was on display at the Orlando convention and are extemely happy with the equipment and their company. Any issues we did have were quickly addressed and corrected if needed. By the way Ceccato IS NOT shut down for the entire month of August. Since all parts are stocked in the US and service is available locally I'm not sure why that would be an issue anyway!

mac

Reaction score
The summer recess may have been an issue in the past, but it sounds like their US importer has made it a moot point by having parts and tech support in the states. Like it or not, we are in a global ecenomy. While I always try to keep my money as local as possible, there are ever more increasing examples of how this ain't possible anymore. Even Boeing has some major subassemblies for its new aircraft built in China. I used to despise the foreign stuff untill I noticed that power tools have come way down in price, and the selection is better. My god, the foreigners even own Budweiser now.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Another reality is that for the most part you too can be an owner of a foreign company, just like you can be an owner of Boeing. We are a global world and economy, get use to it. You don't hear "Buy American" from the unions much anymore, half of a Ford and Chevy is made outside of America and Toyota and Honda, build cars here and export them to Japan.