What's new

CC on Combo Vacs

Kirb

Reaction score
I have CC in my bays and its a no brainer that count-up is the way togo. I'm in the process of ordering new vacs and going to get CC on the combos. Is count-up with a button to stop or count-down with say a $2 min and $1 for additional swipes the way togo.
Thanks,
Kirb

MEP001

Reaction score
I've wondered about this myself - make sure you consider the cost of transactions when you decide. Some will have a processing fee for every swipe and don't batch them. If I put a Hamilton unit on one of our vacs and charged $1 per swipe, we'd lose a third of that right off the bat.

Are there combo vacs with built-in CC acceptance? Do they allow for variant timing for the different functions like they do with cash? My problem with add-on CC and count-up is that the customer will end up paying the same rate for all the functions, i. e. for $1 they'd still get 4 minutes of fragrance. Now I doubt any idiot will spray fragrance for that long, but they'd be able to vac for 3 minutes and use fragrance, and we'd lose out on an an additional $1 purchase.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I love the idea of having CC acceptance for everything at a wash, however, what you've identified with the CC charge is right. You'd be nickeled and dimed to death with charges eroding your margin.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I've talked to Jim Gosnell (Etowah) about adding his CC system to some used combos I bought. I think his system addresses these issues. I think I will put in a rotary switch and a "stop" button, and have the sale stop when the button is pushed or the switch is on "stop" for certain length of time. I think there should be a small delay for the stop position on the switch. I would think there would be times where the customer may want to turn the vac off while they swap mats, open the trunk, or whatever.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have been talking with Fragramatics about getting a couple of their vacs. I would like to be able to integrate my EV system into these also. I think that with good signage, there could be quite a few customers that would like to use the count up method with the vacs.

I.B. - What did Jim have to say when you asked him about that?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
He didn't act like it would be a big deal at all. I plan to s#!+can the stupid bubbler and put the timer and card swipe there. I think I will put a rotary switch in the area which originally housed the timer. The existing toggle switches will be eliminated. It should work just like a SS bay with the switch displaying "vac-buttcrack-aromatic armpit-aged urine-stop". I've had these vacs for about 6 months and just can't seem to find the time to get this done.

Etowah