What's new

Cat 623 problem

randall

Reaction score
The pump is actually chugging(not really running)I like to get some input from you guys. Could it be the belt? The motor? or the pump? It's an older cat 623. thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
randall said:
Could it be the belt?
Yes.
randall said:
The motor?
Yes.
randall said:
or the pump?
Yes.

Not trying to be a smartass, just making a point. It will be almost impossible to help you diagnose your problem over a forum if you can't tell if it's the belt or not.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
One thing that might work is to watch one that is working right and see what differences you can see. Checking to see if the belt is damaged or loose, would be your first choice.

Greg

Reaction score
Hi Randall,
Check your pressure regulator also. What does the pressure gauge read?
If the pressure regulator fails to open, loose belts can be a blessing.

Greg Thoennes
Arimitsu Pumps

Wally

Reaction score
Randall, do you mean pulsating, as if a cup was broken? Have you ever replaced a cup in a 623?

randall

Reaction score
Yes i have changed the cups on the 623 several times. The pump is chugging along. I have removed the guard, the belt is fairly new,no cracks, but alittle loose. I'll tighten it up some and see if that does the trick.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
If I replace the cups and it still doesn't work, the next repair kit is the seal kit. KR no. PU30397 I believe it is. That has worked every time for me. I've tried replacing inlet and outlet valves and they are never the culprit. I wish all my washes had these pumps. Mine are 30 years old and still going strong. Simple to work on.

BTW - Don't buy the Cat repair kits from Windtrax, they are twice as much as KR

MEP001

Reaction score
Ghetto Wash said:
BTW - Don't buy the Cat repair kits from Windtrax, they are twice as much as KR
That's not true; Windtrax's catalog and web site display the list price as per their distributor agreement, but you don't pay that.

Go ahead and buy Cat 623 parts from Kleen-Rite; I'll bet they'll backorder them.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
That's not true; Windtrax's catalog and web site display the list price as per their distributor agreement, but you don't pay that.

Go ahead and buy Cat 623 parts from Kleen-Rite; I'll bet they'll backorder them.
Your response got me curious, so I checked.

If I order online with Windtrax the kit is sold at the list price of $148.00

If I call and order the kit from Windtrax the price is reduced from list to $91.46

KR online and phone call is $85.84

I do most of my ordering online so just assumed that Windtrax's price was the price. Now just looks like they were screwing the online orders. After paying the $148 a couple of times I checked KR prices and stopped ordering Cat parts from Windtrax.

KR has not backordered a Cat part for me in 2 years.

I would like a refund of all the times I paid list on Windtrax online orders.

randall

Reaction score
Thanks Wally.. The belt was loose, I tighten it up abit and it work like a champ.. I appreciate all the input guys...

Etowah