What's new

Cat 3535 seal replacement

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I noticed water dripping from the bottom (around the oil cup) of my 3535 Cat pump. Is it time to replace the seals? Is it basically a bigger version of a Cat 310/340?

MEP001

Reaction score
It's probably the low-pressure seals, but there's a slim chance it's the seals on the plunger bolts. A sure sign of that would be water in the crankcase. In any case, it's worth changing out all the seals and o-rings in the head and on the plunger bolts while you have it apart.

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
I put a seal kit in my 3535 last week. Since I had only done 310’s in the past, I got my distributor to send someone with experience to help. We found the v-seal retainer ring (brass) broken in 3 pieces. The helper had brought his box of 3535 parts and we were able to find a replacement. If I had tackled this job by myself, I would have been down at least a couple of days waiting on parts.

You have to order the felt wicks separately because they are not included in a seal kit.

Louise

Reaction score
Seal kits are expensive. I got mine from Carwash Superstore for $287. Talk to Sarah.