What's new

Cat 310 not making full pressure

Keno

Reaction score
Thanks, will give that a shot. Have to wait for a new zero pressure regulator. Brand new spare was bad out of the box... great quality control

MEP001

Reaction score
Are you sure it's the regulator? The only time I've had them fail it would send water through full pressure. I've never had one not flow. Maybe it's your solenoid.

Keno

Reaction score
Solenoids are good, removed lines from before zero pressure regulator and there is pressure water flow. How does a zero pressure regulator work? Does it require suction from pump to start drawing water? I removed zero pressure regulator from the pump and there was flow before the regulator and no flow after going through the regulator. Which is what made me think the zero pressure regulator was no good.

Keno

Reaction score
Quick update if someone comes back to this in the future. Had crap in all the intake valves from trying to get the spot free system back online after who knows how many years out of service. The zero pressure regulators and pumps were both fine, just needed to clean the valves. I am working on replumbing the spot free with new hoses and fittings to after the pump, not sure why they plumbed it before the cat pumps to start with

Keno

Reaction score
Are you sure it's the regulator? The only time I've had them fail it would send water through full pressure. I've never had one not flow. Maybe it's your solenoid.
You were correct, regulator was fine, thanks for the help again