What's new

Cat 310 Not letting soap in

Jerry33

Reaction score
You want to use a Generant regulator https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-32...series-pressure-regulator-1-2-in-125-psi.aspx and a DEMA 203C injector downstream https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-1630-dema-203c-brass-3-8-in-c-series-injector-ryton-screw.aspx I've been running my pumps like this for over 40 years, works great.
MEP : What do you mean by throttling the water supply? Are you suggesting that the incoming water supply has too much pressure or too much volume? I have the exact problem that was described only I have both wax and soap connected by a T to the pump and solenoids controlling which chemical is fed to the pump. This just started a few days ago. I've check that the selector switch in the bay is activating the appropriate solenoid and I blew air back thru the system with the solenoid open and got lots of bubbles in the soap so the line appears to be clear. both soap and wax are failing to feed to the bay so seems like the pump is not sucking chemicals. Appreciate any help and I'll try what you are suggesting once I understand what to do. thanks, jdf
Ok, I shut off the water for a few seconds while the pump was running and now everything is ok. Magic, I guess. thanks, jdf

MEP001

Reaction score
If neither soap nor wax were working and now they are, you might have a check valve on those lines that was stuck closed, and the suction on the line pulled it open. It will probably stick again.

Randy

Reaction score
Miles have you ever tried putting a DEMA 204C injector on the suction side of the pump to draw in chemical?

Reaction score
Sometimes depending on the plumbing you have to close the feed from the holding tank to make the pump draw soap and wax. It's most often a problem when the supply line is 3/4" hose. With the trigger pulled, close the valve until you hear the pump cavitating, then open it just far enough that the pump runs 100% smooth.
I had this same issue on my CP stand a couple months ago and I had to do just what you described here to get a draw. Interesting because I dont know what changed to cause the issue. Your comment inspired an idea though. Would it be safe to reduce the supply lines to 1/2" so that I can open my valves wide open?

MEP001

Reaction score
I always run 1/2" hose. I just use poly braid over push-lock barbs if there's no pressure, makes service easier and costs less. It's plenty of flow, and if there's a check valve on the 1/2" line it gives just enough drag that you don't need to throttle the supply.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I have 1/2" hot/cold Poly Braided supply hoses to Erie 2 way solenoids, no C/V's on the incoming supplies. All hoses and ball valves are wide open, no throttling needed to draw soap and wax. I made the changes about 10 years ago and haven't had to change chemical needle valve settings since. I also have Dwyer Flow Meters, so I would know if any flow changes...