What's new

Car wash siding

splash1

Reaction score
We just purchased an old car wash with beat up vertical metal siding. Can anyone recommend a good overlay, maybe plastic, vinyl, ect I have decided on concrete block between the bays, but I don't want to disturb the pump room. Maybe just clad it with something. thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
I hope you don't mean cinderblock. It's ugly and very porous, and it's a poor surface to paint.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The saying among siding companies is:'Vinyl is Final".

Metal isn't bad, either.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Splash1,

I would be concerned about anything that would trap moisture (rust) with the metal unless the metal was stainless. It takes a long time but I have seen marine plywood deteriorate after 10 years or so --- I am not sure what conditions would be its mostly likely downfall. Maybe, a talk with a marine plywood distributor or even marine plywood factory might be helpful to find out if it would likely not be a problem in a car wash setting. Up north, we have doors that make for more moisture periods & some freeze thaw on some walls occasionally.

Waxman,

Vinyl siding final says a siding company???? Possibly true ??? in a car wash bay --- but ---- in hail country --- hail can & does make holes all over clear through the vinyl siding on houses ---- way worse than some people might think.

MJ

soapy

Reaction score
Take a look at Polymax plastic wall boards at Farmtek.com. It comes in various thickness depending on the strength you need. I have been using it for the past 6 years in some IBAs and it holds up very well. It is much easier to clean than FRP boards and does not yellow.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
Take a look at Polymax plastic wall boards at Farmtek.com. It comes in various thickness depending on the strength you need. I have been using it for the past 6 years in some IBAs and it holds up very well. It is much easier to clean than FRP boards and does not yellow.
What thickness did you use?

soapy

Reaction score
I put mine up on concrete block so I did not need a lot of rigidity. I went with 1/8 inch. It goes up similar to FRP with plastic rivets. For the joints between sheets I bought their stainless steel joint covers. I had them powder coated locally to match the white polymax. I preferred this over the plastic joint covers for its strength.