What's new

Car Guide Material

fastlx

Reaction score
Help. I'm in need of the plastic material that goes on the metal brackets ( bolted to the ground) that helps the driver align their car in the wash. I have pictures of the material attached. It keeps the wheels from getting scratched.

I just need a source for it.. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have a WW HV unit.

Thanks,

Vic

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
Have you tried contacting the equipment manufacture? Or calling your local distributor?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Depending on the guide's shape etc ... www.interstateplastics.com will actually do the +1/16 of an inch tolerance cuts in an affordable way. A local machine shop friend recently recommended them to us & our experience with them was great. We had them send us a large quantity of plastic pieces for our transition of updated new controls & $1 coin acceptance ability on 30+ of our Wasco Gen4 washing machines in our laundromat. It allows us to slide out the front panel for easy repair-replace access... something ... that manufacturers sometimes fall short on. The 90% labor factor vs the cost of the part possible consideration!

We have been known to provide a CAD file for outfits including a local plastics fabricator. 3D printing is another option that we have used for more intricate parts. That tends to be more expensive though. It is getting less & less expensive though. It is nice to have the more technologically advanced option to be able to possibly avoid future maintenance by replacing with a material with better attributes than the OEM. Make sure the 3D printer guarantees the cost, quality & turnaround time though!!! Not all futuristic ideas are good but from actual experience 3D Printing is one of the better concepts IMHO that is becoming more & more a reality option for many of us!

mac

Reaction score
Here’s another opinion. I quit putting in guide rails a few years ago. I just use epoxied floor reflectors. Results have been eye opening. I get almost no driver impacts with this. Drivers seem to be able to adjust to simply driving through rather than have rails guide them. Saves a little money, makes the wash bay seem less restrictive, and less customer damage. Will post pics soon.

fastlx

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. It just seems no matter what I have tried people always veer to the left and then the arch arm will hit the vehicle. I have an older WW HV unit with the self attendant to remeasure the car but it can only do so much??

Just wondering if other owners have these same issues?

Thanks Again...