What's new

Capture signal when the best wash is purchased at WSII

Etowah

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I would like to capture the signal which is triggered in the WSII when the best wash is purchased. I could then use that signal to initiate a relay or whatever for additional things (lights, signs, etc.). Is that possible? How?

MEP001

Reaction score
A PLC or programmable relay can do that.

MEP001

Reaction score
I would assume it sends a voltage pulse to the wash's computer to arm the selected wash. You can tap into that - I know it works with a Hamilton.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I would assume it sends a voltage pulse to the wash's computer to arm the selected wash. You can tap into that - I know it works with a Hamilton.
I'm assuming that also. I was hoping someone may know specifically in the Unitec Wash Select II where to find this voltage pulse.

MEP001

Reaction score
You should have a series of inputs in the electrical cabinet of the wash itself that has labels for the wash inputs. You don't need to try to tap into the electronics of the Unitec itself. It's probably just a 24V DC pulse and not any special signal.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Ric, after opening the WSII, on the right hand side of the cabinet is the mother board. On the bottom left hand side of that board, there is a 6 pin harness (the board will say car wash relays on it), the first 4 terminals are for the washes. On my wash, the first terminal is the cheapest wash and the fourth terminal is the highest wash. Like Mep said, these relays send a 24vdc signal to the wash computer to activate a particular wash. You should be able to see what color wires are hooked to these terminals and trace them back to your computer inside. Hope this helps.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
Ric, after opening the WSII, on the right hand side of the cabinet is the mother board. On the bottom left hand side of that board, there is a 6 pin harness (the board will say car wash relays on it), the first 4 terminals are for the washes. On my wash, the first terminal is the cheapest wash and the fourth terminal is the highest wash. Like Mep said, these relays send a 24vdc signal to the wash computer to activate a particular wash. You should be able to see what color wires are hooked to these terminals and trace them back to your computer inside. Hope this helps.
So I wonder....could I patch in to the fourth terminal and arm the wash remotely say by pressing an input on my remote video screen?

bigleo48

Reaction score
So I wonder....could I patch in to the fourth terminal and arm the wash remotely say by pressing an input on my remote video screen?
Yes if you've got relay control with your video monitoring, or something like this...http://www.controlbyweb.com/webrelay/

But the new Lasers allow you to log into the machine and fire off a wash. I even do it from my Blackberry.

Big

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
You know what would be interesting....a post where we listed things that we could control with remote software. I just purchased a system from Allen Sprears....just getting it all set up. On of the things I am interested in being able to do it to arm the wash remotely if I get a call where someone who says the wash didn't work....I can check it of course and then just press a button and either arm the wash or how about dispensing tokens from the token changer ... each time I press the button on the softare it would send a signal to dispense a single token....of course I don't really know HOW to do this but I would like to see a list of things folks are doing now. It would be helpful if it could include some basic instruction about which wires to connect to if you have a unitec for example.

1- Arm the wash to give the top wash on pressing button
2- Dispense a token for each click of the button
3- Shut doors to automatic bay remotely

these are some of the things on my list...what are some on yours..on my software I think I only have 4 outputs. With inputs I think there are even more things you can monitor.

So what about it you guys that have done this already tell us what you do and how you did it.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I had an Apex alarm that had all of that, I could monitor and control about 20 things from a phone.