What's new

Canopy Nightmare

chiggybite

Reaction score
I bought 2 canopies for my pay stations from a very popular canopy company. After install they failed the electrical inspection because they were NOT UL listed. I notified them and they were not willing to help. I had to have an outside company flown in and field inspect them to the tune of just under $6000. I tried to get them to reimburse me but they didn't return any calls or emails. I have filed a small claims suit and will keep everyone informed on how it goes.
As a side note, their in bay lights for foamers were NOT UL listed and they had to be taken out.

mac

Reaction score
You hired the wrong company to certify them. Ran into the same thing and someone from UL came out and put their sticker on things for $150 each.

OurTown

Reaction score
I bought 2 canopies for my pay stations from a very popular canopy company. After install they failed the electrical inspection because they were NOT UL listed. I notified them and they were not willing to help. I had to have an outside company flown in and field inspect them to the tune of just under $6000. I tried to get them to reimburse me but they didn't return any calls or emails. I have filed a small claims suit and will keep everyone informed on how it goes.
As a side note, their in bay lights for foamers were NOT UL listed and they had to be taken out.

Can you tell us the company name so we can avoid them if UL is necessary?

OurTown

Reaction score
I'm betting the OP is talking about TSS.

mac

Reaction score
Evert city is different if you made a list it would be miles long. Main rule is don’t pi$$ off the inspector.

Randy

Reaction score
A lot of small equipment manufactures can't afford to have there equipment UL or ETL listed. Is there anything wrong with the equipment, probably not, it just doesn't have the sticker. No UL or ETL sticker the electrical inspector will red tag the equipment or not sign off on the inspection. It's always best to ask a equipment supplier if there equipment is UL or ETL listed before you buy it.

OurTown

Reaction score
Yeah. He indicated he actually received them so I did not think it was CWC.