What's new

Can you add food coloring to foam wax?

wood

Reaction score
I was wondering if you can add coloring to change the color of foam wax?
Can you use food coloring that people use for baking? If you have a suggestion let me know please. How much would you add per gallon of product?

Thanks,
Wood

MEP001

Reaction score
You can get dyes made for foam brush. Don't use food coloring. In fact you should just use a foam brush soap that already has the color you want.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
That would not work. It would be extremely expensive to put enough food coloring in the product to have it come out colored in the bay if it were possible at all. If you are trying to create your own colored foam you would need to contact a company that makes commercial liquid dyes. Even then, some dyes would not be compatible with the products you might want to use them with. You would also have to purchase quite a bit of the dye to even come remotely close to the difference in cost between products already colored and those without color.

Bottom line - not worth the effort or expense.

BayWatch

Jedi apprentice
Reaction score
I just spent all of last month running my normally white soap as pink. I didnt want to use a FB soap, didnt feel it did as well as my normal LoPH soap. I used a red food coloring at 4 gallons of soap to 1 gallon of food coloring. This was for a tunnel application. No cars came out pink. It cost me about $50 for the food coloring. The only thing is did that I didnt like, was with the added liquid, it wouldnt foam as much as I like it too, but I like it to look like shaving cream. I plan on doing this again. I did it for a Pinktober/Breast Cancer advertising campaign. Be aware though, I spent a lot of time with my chemical rep and tried small batches before going forward with it.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
You should be able to get a low Ph foaming product that shouldn't be $50 more than the white.