What's new

Cameras - Stress Relievers

Red Baron

Reaction score
In my case at least, the real stress doesn't come so much from the things people do at my wash while I'm not there. The real stress is knowing that the chances of me identifying them so that it doesn't happen regularly, is very slim. Cameras make a lot of that stress go away.

Two days ago I arrived at the wash before sun up to find a huge oily mess at my outside bay, with enough black oil that it streamed down the 50' concrete apron to the asphalt driveway in about 10 streams.

The cameras showed a semi truck w/reefer parked right next to the big "No Heavy Trucks" sign, with his hood down blasting away. Evidently he blew an oil line and was cleaning off his engine coz there was a lot of oil. My cameras identified him as an Affiliated Foods driver and the local grocer verified that he left his store just before he got to the car wash, so I was able to get his name, company ID, route #, stop #...busted!!!

Credit to Affilliated Foods, they didn't squabble after I e-mailed pics and an invoice for $375 to them.

I can identify 75% of the bad guys with my cameras - Allen, when you have a special on a tag camera, let me know as I want to close that gap.