What's new

Cameras – Gone!!

Randy

Reaction score
I got a call from one of my customers last night. He had just in the last 3 weeks installed a super nice camera system. Christmas morning at around 06:30 he looks at the cameras from home and everything is good. He looks them again at around 11:45am and everything is black. He starts playing back his video and low and behold at 10:36am an older blue Ford van with no license plates pulls in with a man and a woman wearing sunglasses and hoodie shirts. They walk around looking at all the cameras, he opens up the back of the van and pulls out a short ladder and a pry bar, climbs up on top of the van with the ladder and woman drives the van into all of the bays with him on top of the van ripping down all the cameras. I should say destroying all the cameras, these were 700 line Dome cameras. He broke all the camera mounts and cut the wires off at the camera, I doubt if they can be used again. Total time on the property 9 minutes. He said he’d try to send me some pictures, if I get them I’ll post them. He was so pi$$ed that he has decided to sell out. Has anyone else lost any cameras?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Time Factor

Randy,

Hmmm ... 10:36 A.M. .... hopefully there would be enough activitiy from Good Samaritan customers or other businesses at that time of day. We are not attended every minute of the day but our flow of people tends to make that type of incident at that time of day very unlikely.

You say 9 minutes window of catching them. Sensors on a 24 hr zone with a way of a special signal to a 24/7 on call cell phone seems to be the best defense. Hopefully, the person on call would be within minutes away along with the ability to instantly confirm the crime on the same cell phone via remote desktop or other VNC etc. I know some logistists in the big cities are different than in our area & Whale's Fargo area. I am hoping that I don't see a war zone when I check out some self service car washes in Houston on my upcoming planned exploration like Earl & Mep hinted at!

It is not a laughing matter that sometimes different levels of the media & government help to diminish some basic protective roles that it is supposed to facilitate ... based on what our founding fathers had in mind. I know some areas police 911 response can be slow. I was visiting with a long term 911 dispatcher a few evenings ago in our laundromat ... we talked about alarm monitor companies a bit. He said that some of them have a 5 minute delay before the dispatcher gets the call ... that of course would not be quick enough.

mike

cdreed06

Reaction score
We had a scumball take one of our cameras, it was mounted low. He was there with another guy who was washing. We have him on video walking around messing with the vendors then goes up to the camera and pulls it off. Stupid stupid people.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I haven't lost a camera to theft in years. No particular reason why, just have been lucky I guess. Cameras are a love hate thing with me, however. There is absolutely no way I would run a business without them, but at the same time, I sure did have a lot more 'free' time before them. It seems like I'm always watching them, either 'live' or searching for the cause of some kind of trouble. Every single system I have has paid for themselves over and over. Just this Christmas eve I had some dumbass with a ladder rack, with a ladder on it, try to use my automatic. First he destroyed my clearance bar, got out and put his ladder in the truck bed. Then he decided the clearance height must be for everyone else except for him, so he pulled into the automatic doing some serious cosmetic damage to the machine. Luckily that was all. I'm still getting all my costs together, but without cameras, that would have cost me over $6000.:mad: