What's new

Buying Touchless Wash and need advice

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Where i can I mount door openers in the dry equipment room and run a shaft through the wall to operate the door. Liftmaster makes a car wash door operator that is sealed, and I think genie also makes one. My local door company says they have access to a egj type of camshaft opener but I do not know the price.
What doors would you choose? Specifics would help, because I was under the impression that goor car wash vinyl roll up doors are $8000 each. I want the doors to be reliable, tough, and low maintenance.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
....................Regarding this wash, I think I would pass based on location. The location matters alot in the success of a car wash. The look and vibe of this place is all wrong, IMO. But, hey, I'm just a Lithuanian janitor, so what do I know?

MEP001

Reaction score
We also haven't discussed the clientele. Mostly apartment dwellers is always better than upper middle class homes. Middle class and above native English speakers is always better than those who don't speak English at all or for whom English is a secondary language.

WOWWash

Reaction score
Location is in a very poor part of town. Stand in the parking lot, look around, a lot of closed up abandoned businesses/buildings nearby.
3 or 4 operators tried to make a go of it. Going to need more than a few component upgrades and lipstick on the pig.
The part of town is somewhat run down but is on an upswing. A brand new Duncan went in 2 doors down this year, a new winery about 2 blocks away, a Walgreens and popular restaurant are within the same block. I know this is not an A+ location but there was a traffic count of 17k cars a day for 2018 passing this location. To my knowledge the wash had two previous owners. The 1st built and ran the site for several years then sold to the current owners. The current owners did some upgrades then the managing partner moved out of state and the location was let go. It is easy to see why no one used the wash as it sits. it was my thought that with better equipment, management, and marketing it would be easy to hit modest #s and be profitable.

Last edited: