What's new

Button Input Error

Reaction score
Hello, in one of my wand wash bays, I keep getting Button Input Error on the D.A.N. My equipment is from Coleman Hanna and Hamilton Manufacturing. Is this due to the big red button going bad, the button which stops the transactions? Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
I found the same buttons on mouser.com, you just have to solder the plug harness onto the new one.

Reaction score
Thanks Changed the button and no errors so far. Its interesting that the machine is smart enough to not to let customer use their CC if it know the customer can not stop the transaction. I came to know about this issue because customer wont be able to use the CC or our Value Cards. First thought mayeb the reader is going bad, but when saw DAN error figured must be the Stop Button which is now changed.

MEP001

Reaction score
It happens when the button is stuck closed. Luckily they usually fail that way.

Roz

Reaction score
Wow, do you know which button on Mouser.com matches the Red DAN stop button? Much lower cost than purchasing from Hamilton (who charges $75 for the button)!

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
These buttons fail miserably in cold weather situations. The issue is they allow water in on the outside portion of the button. Then the overspray leeches in and freezes. Hamilton doesn't heat the DTT boxes unless you order a validator with it. We installed heaters in every one to prevent the buttons and hopefully the card readers from icing up. People get really mad at the buttons when they are frozen and will not shut off, so theypush them so hard the button breaks internally. Unitec uses a button with an oil-tight membrane over the button to prevent that. You would think for 75 dollars you could get the same from Hamilton.

Reaction score
I assume you guys have carwashes with no doors? I'm in Canada more than half of the year our doors are closed and the bays are heated with heaters lol