What's new

Bullet proof and 9 feet tall

Etowah

pitzerwm

Reaction score
WR has passed away

Many of you old timers will remember WR, he was real active on the Forum in the early days. His post could be the funniest things you ever read. He died suddenly yesterday from a blood clot. He was a good guy and a great friend, I will miss him. If you want to send his wife an family condolients here is his email, I assume that eventually she will get them. wrconstruction@embarqmail.com Her name is Lisa and the kids are Sydney and Shasha.

Chuck Ivey

Reaction score
I am sorry to learn of W R's passing. I always enjoyed his input to the forum. Actually I have been wondering about him here of late.
Please express my sympathy to his family.

Chuck Ivey

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Wow, that is a shock. So sorry to hear that.....

WR was a great guy. He got out of the SS business about five years ago so hasn't been active here for years. He was a funny guy. You newer guys really missed a character. I tried to see him every time I went to Vegas.

Bill, have you heard arrangements for the funeral?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
WILLIAM ZURAFF William "Bill" Zuraff, 59, of Las Vegas, passed away April 8, 2008. He was born Aug. 27, 1948, in Ottawa, Kan., and resided in Nevada for 32 years. He was an entrepreneur in various industries, a general contractor, and he served in the U.S. Navy. Bill was a member of the Las Vegas Yacht Club and the U.S. Boat Owners Association. He is survived by his wife, Dr. Lisa Cohen Zuraff; daughters, Nadia Zuraff and Sasha Cohen Zuraff; son, Billy Zuraff II; stepdaughter, Sydney Cohen Willis; granddaughters, Billie and Ryan; and brother, Steven Zuraff, all of Las Vegas; mother-in-law, Adelene Cohen of Henderson; and his father-in-law, Dr. Alan (Agneta) Cohen of Cypress, Calif. Graveside service will be at 2 p.m. Friday, April 11, at King David Memorial Chapel, 2697 Eldorado Lane.

soapy

Reaction score
WR was a great asset to the forum when he was around. His posts are still legendary. I met him a few times in Vegas at the shows and he was a character. I am getting into Vegas around 1:00 and if all goes well I will be able to make the services.

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear of WR's passing. He was much too young. I met his son, Bill II, at one of the Vegas shows when WR still had the car wash.

I can still remember his coming to the WCA show in Vegas in 1999 to visit me when I showed my first vending machine. He was very supportive of my effort. He could write the funniest and yet most inspirational and informative posts. As I recall we had a "forum" dinner at a place near his car wash in Vegas many years ago.

He will be missed.

Uncle Sam (or Calif Jim in those days)