What's new

Boiler Replacement Options - Win a $25 Restuarant Card!

MEP001

Reaction score
We are in a town of 60,000 and still no one seems to know how this should be done. Amazing but true!
You're right, most electricians can't make heads or tails of the low-voltage side of a car wash. At least there's no risk of injury. Let an electrician work on the supply to the contactor and motor, but it's best if someone familiar with car washes handles the rest.

slamdvw

Reaction score
Rocky:

Any luck with your project?

Reason I am asking, I am in Gillette so it wouldn't be much of a drive to check things out. Two heads are better than one. Besides, I have family there so there is just another excuse!

Just an offer!

MEP001

Reaction score
Rocky:

Reason I am asking, I am in Gillette so it wouldn't be much of a drive to check things out. Two heads are better than one. Besides, I have family there so there is just another excuse!

Just an offer!
No offense, but I feel like this post disqualifies you as a capable electrician.

RockyMountain

Reaction score
Rocky:

Just an offer!
I might be interested and am willing to pay for expertise. Do you feel like you have a grasp of our issue and our needs?

RockyMountain

Reaction score
Rocky,

My intent is not to confuse anyone but I would make sure that I was not using a green wire that might have been put in for safety purposes for the wire being a long term substitute for a neutral voltage return wire (main electrical entrance panel). In other words, the green wire may function but there could be a hazard created. It seems like if Class 2 transformer(s) are used there would be less risk & possibly no risk. A little bit of knowledge can be dangerous ... & I guess that is why you want someone here to verify there are no other potential considerations. Calling a qualified for your equipment electrician to your facility would be the best as he would be in a position to thoroughly examine all the connections. I remember once visiting with a high school classmate who became an electrician & he hooked me up to an electrician who specialized more in controls ... I remember his wise words ... not all electricians are good at controls.

Long term safety should always be properly considered!

Mike
For those following this post over the past year, I have an update and a dilema... Since we wired in the dpdts for the nc solenoids for cold water rinse, everything worked great for months! Now all of a sudden, we have floating voltages showing up in the bay boxes. I don't know if the way we wired them is related to our problem or not. I unhooked the dpdts and the 4 volts still shows up in all the bay boxes as well as the automatic payhead, which should have nothing to do with the self serve bays! Anyway, I've started a new thread here http://www.autocareforum.com/showth...sing-interference-with-Credit-Card-Acceptance Any thoughts would be great!