What's new

Boats?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on marine detailing and/or prices? I have a great opportunity that I want to capitalize on.

Thanks!

soapy

Reaction score
Boats can be tough to buff out and wax. WE charge beween $15 to $20 per foot for boats and RVs for detailing.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
That is for an exterior buffing? What if you were to just do the carpet and clean the seats up good along with the windows? The work that we have been offered is for boats/pontoons that are already in the water and just need a good thorough cleaning.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My boat ideas

I get $10 per linear foot inside, $10 for outside and for both it's $15 per linear foot.

Boats can be tough. I use oxalic acid on the hulls to remove river stains. many times the finish is faded beyond repair so I do not buff boat hulls anymore. I only wash/wax. Had too many instances of doing way too much work only to watch the finish fade back out immediately.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing $8 per linear foot for this set of boats that they want me to do. They aren't destroyed by any stretch, just need a little tlc. I will have to go out and do a few to see how much time it will take on average. Thanks!

Etowah

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Why not do quotes based on each job? Use the same method used to estimate a detail - how long will it take and what is the cost of materials.