What's new

BluePay Charges

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
:mad:I'm looking at my last month's BluePay statements, which showed up 2 weeks after the end of the month like always, and I just can't get past the charges. If I take the total amount charged to my account divided by the gross sales, I'm at 9.1% and 10.7% on my two accounts! Thats on gross sales of over $600 for each account. The fee that these companies hang out in front of you, such as 1.81% for visa, is the smallest part of the bill. It's all the other 'non-qualifying' cards, authorizations, off-line debit cards etc.! While I may have averaged $7.55/user, after you figure in fees, I averaged $6.86/user...that's $.70/user in fees!

Why can't I negotiate pricing like they offer for 'the Square' that plugs into your iPhone? At 2.75% and no other charges, I'd be hitting homeruns! Even their manually entered fees of 3.5% + $.15 per transaction would cut my charges in half. Maybe I should buy a few iPhones and glue them to the side of my meterboxes:)

What kind of rates are you experiencing when you figure total charges as a percent of your credit card gross?

steve569

Reaction score
I also have Bluepay and my fees are in the same range as yours. Do you have Etowah Valleys System? I think if there was a system that had less expensive fees then it would almost pay to switch.

MEP001

Reaction score
If it is a system like Etowah Valley's and you're in "count-up" mode, your fees may be higher than you'd estimate because there are two separate transaction charges for each swipe.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I don't mean to rub salt in your wound, but did you figure in the cost of toll calls to blue pay's system? It adds about $40/month to my phone bill. In my case that is roughly an additional cost of about 2.5% of SS CC sales. Every other processor I know of is toll free.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
CFCW, I was lucky enough to have unlimited LD on my previous and on my current phone provider. Maybe you should look into that, its only $5 on AT&T.

That brings up another scenario where the touted price became irrevelent after all the fees were added in. My previous phone carrier started out as a great deal, however, as time went on the fees started to add up. It got to the point where their 'other fees' section was approaching $30 and that didn't include Fed, State or Local taxes!

blurdgman

Reaction score
All my Merchant charges are between 3% and 5.5%

:mad:I'm looking at my last month's BluePay statements, which showed up 2 weeks after the end of the month like always, and I just can't get past the charges. If I take the total amount charged to my account divided by the gross sales, I'm at 9.1% and 10.7% on my two accounts! Thats on gross sales of over $600 for each account. The fee that these companies hang out in front of you, such as 1.81% for visa, is the smallest part of the bill. It's all the other 'non-qualifying' cards, authorizations, off-line debit cards etc.! While I may have averaged $7.55/user, after you figure in fees, I averaged $6.86/user...that's $.70/user in fees!

Why can't I negotiate pricing like they offer for 'the Square' that plugs into your iPhone? At 2.75% and no other charges, I'd be hitting homeruns! Even their manually entered fees of 3.5% + $.15 per transaction would cut my charges in half. Maybe I should buy a few iPhones and glue them to the side of my meterboxes:)

What kind of rates are you experiencing when you figure total charges as a percent of your credit card gross?
Last March I switched all my merchant services to TSYS and am completely satisfied with how they operate. All my information is posted online within a day. TSYS is great to work with especially their customer advocate who set up my accounts. I've experienced 30% savings over Bank of America and 5th3rd.
Contact Roger Kinney at <rkinney@tsys.com>

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
blurdgman,

As far I know, with Etowah Valley's Quickpay terminals you are locked into BluePay for your processing. Please correct me if I am wrong somebody...anybody.

blurdgman

Reaction score
Go Buckeyes:
TSYS can service your system. Email Roger Kinney and confirm it. I can't see how anyone can be locked in to one system. That leads to highway robbery. I went through that with 5th3rd merchant service they were charging 11%now for my American Changer AC0007 token credit card changers I pay between 3 and 5%.
Good Luck!

sparkey

Reaction score
I just dumped bluepay on my etowah valley readers. I am currently switching to TSYS. Their quotes were way less than bluepay. Jim can set you up with TSYS. I think Jim is still evaluating TSYS so he doesn't advertise it. Actually I suspect bluepay gives him a kick back.

steve569

Reaction score
Sparkey Did you have to get new software chips for your timers or how did you change the phone number that you dial to the prosseser? Is it an 800 number? Are you still doing count up? Thanks for your reply.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies and info!

Sparkey, I would also like to know what is involved with changing processors with the quick pay timers. Also, would you mind sharing the rates you were quoted either here or in a p.m.? I'm always curious how to evaluate processors. They might quote you say 1.8%, but how do you compare all the other auth charges, non-qualifying cards etc. Can't they make it simpler?!!

sparkey

Reaction score
I am actually getting my units reprogrammed as we speak. I believe TSYS sends the info to Etoway Valley and they make a card to swipe that sets the timer up just as you did when you set up the first time. I may be wrong though, it may actually be a chip because Jim indicated I would have the latest firmware after the upgrade. I will know for sure in a week or so.

TSYS does us an 800 number so for me thats a $20 a month savings right off the top.

Last edited:

JIMT

Reaction score
I am actually getting my units reprogrammed as we speak. I believe TSYS sends the info to Etoway Valley and they make a card to swipe that sets the timer up just as you did when you set up the first time. I may be wrong though, it may actually be a chip because Jim indicated I would have the latest firmware after the upgrade. I will know for sure in a week or so.

TSYS does us an 800 number so for me thats a $20 a month savings right off the top.
Sparkey,
Have you been able to get setup with TSYS for your Etoway CC processing? If so how did it work out? I would like to change also.
JIMT

sparkey

Reaction score
Sparkey,
Have you been able to get setup with TSYS for your Etoway CC processing? If so how did it work out? I would like to change also.
JIMT
I am still waiting. This is taking forever and a day to get the etowah valley side changed over. They sent me the new programming cards which did not work due to an old firmware version in my timers. For the past 2 weeks I have been waiting on Etowah valley to send the updated firmware chips. Hopefully I get them this week. Its been almost a month and a half now waiting for the programming cards and new firmware chips. :confused:

sparkey

Reaction score
I am still waiting. This is taking forever and a day to get the etowah valley side changed over. They sent me the new programming cards which did not work due to an old firmware version in my timers. For the past 2 weeks I have been waiting on Etowah valley to send the updated firmware chips. Hopefully I get them this week. Its been almost a month and a half now waiting for the programming cards and new firmware chips. :confused:
I see where my chips were shipped on Friday and I posted the response above saying I haven't recieved my chips yet as of Sunday night. I missed the email of the shipping notice. Part of the wait for the new chips was due to Jim had to order replacement chips himself and program them before he could ship them. Jim has gone out of his way to correct the mix up for me. Looks like I will be reading cards this week.:)

SHINEY3

Reaction score
I see where my chips were shipped on Friday and I posted the response above saying I haven't recieved my chips yet as of Sunday night. I missed the email of the shipping notice. Part of the wait for the new chips was due to Jim had to order replacement chips himself and program them before he could ship them. Jim has gone out of his way to correct the mix up for me. Looks like I will be reading cards this week.:)
So, Sparkey, how did this end up? Are you reading and washing? Are you seeing substantial savings?

thanks

sparkey

Reaction score
Everything is up and running. My last bill had a substantial savings on it. I still need to see another month or two. The last bill I got I had a card reader out of service for a couple weeks so it is not the best comparison.

blurdgman

Reaction score
Go online to TSYS and see your financial results and compare to what they charged you. You'll be pleased.
Good Luck
Jimmy V
blurdgman