What's new

Blowdown instead of weep water

Kurt

Reaction score
My distributor has come up with a reliable blowdown system for our 4000s (I would imagine M5s also). We installed one on one of our 4 bays, and it works well down to about 15 degrees F. Based on our calculations, payback is within 2.5 months!

We have ordered the system for the other 3 bays since it appears to work very well. It's basically a bunch of valves/ fittings and a PLC that controls everything. There are a lot of scenarios that you have to consider to have it work, and the programming has been perfected over the last 2 years. You also have to have enough air capacity- I ordered another compressor just to be safe. You can run it on one if you have a large enough compressor (min. 7.5 hp for 2 bays). The package runs about $1500 per bay.

Can't wait to get them all installed and stop wasting water and $$!!!

If anyone is interested, I can put you in touch with someone from my equipment distributor- not sure how installation would work for you if you are in a different PDQ area, but I'm sure they could give you instructions.

Kurt

lag

Reaction score
It is about time .... I have been running blowdowns on LW4000's for 14 years.

Kurt

Reaction score
They have been around- but they don't all work well under all conditions, especially if you don't have doors in Northern Ohio. You also have to take certain things into account- such as stacking, what to do if the normal wash cycle is interrupted (ie: impacts), etc. All of these seem to have been addressed in this programming.

Kurt

MikeV

Reaction score
Futura Systems have been doing that for years, programmable for how long, how many times, interval between. If a car comes in it washes the car and starts the cycle again for a programmable time after the car leaves.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Mike,
What happens if some idiot drives off before the wash is complete? I've had that happen a few times at my wash, with the customer not wanting spot-free rinse on their vehicle for some unknown reason.

Scott

MikeV

Reaction score
If the customer drives off before the wash is finished, the car wash goes back to the home position, resets and is ready for the next car, and starts the weep cycle as before.